Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 01:59PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 02:28PM

So bones before stones?

Fascinating, and it fits your suggestion that Clovis originated in the Southeast and moved back across the continent from there. I'd love to know if similar bone-based weaponry is attested further north or on the other side of the Strait although I guess finding something that is both associated with prey and above water is unlikely. In any case it's cool to see what modern technology can do for archaeology.

On a different note, I read the new Raff book last year. It didn't strike me as revelatory as far as archaeology and genetics were concerned.

Anyway, thanks for this article!

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: February 02, 2023 05:36PM

Hi Lot's,

Bone projectiles were used pretty much globally at one time or another. You see them a lot in the Arctic.

http://www.lithiccastinglab.com/gallery-pages/2012decemberporganicpointspage1.htm

Date: February 02, 2023 06:19PM

Presumably without enough unique characteristics to identify distinct cultures. . .

Thanks, Richard!

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 04, 2023 07:33PM

Thanks Richard,
I was born and raised here and lived here my whole life and never knew there were elephants here up until 14000 yrs ago. And Colombian Mastedons, the largest and last of the Mastedons, probably due to humans hunting them to extinction.
If large mammals like elephants and Mastedons went back and forth between Russia and Alaska, there’s good reason to believe humans followed them, long before we lost all record of them.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 05, 2023 01:21AM

Heck, my people were riding them!

Date: February 05, 2023 02:00AM

I've read that in Lamanitish, they are called cureloms and cumoms, respectively.

Is that true?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2023 04:23AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 05, 2023 05:55AM

It's almost as if JC's words "The first shall be the last and the last shall be the first" could be applied to the peopling of the Americas and the subsequent apportionment of wealth... OOps.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.