Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cuzx ( )
Date: April 09, 2023 03:27AM

When our daughter remarried in 2010, she and her husband-to-be were both 100% non believers. As she worked for an airline, my wife and I flew non rev (standby) with them to HI, where they contracted a minister and got married on the beach. What a wonderful way to be wedded vs. their first marriages in TSSC. That evening, we all went to a luau together and enjoyed adult beverages (except for DW, who still believes to an extent). Fast forward to 2023; they've raised a family, both finished college, began a shared career, and long since moved out of the Morridor. I couldn't be happier for their union thirteen years ago.

Cuz X

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 09, 2023 08:03AM

That wedding sounds lovely! Most weddings that I've been to over the years have been nonreligious. Those marriages are just as valid as those that take place in churches.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 09, 2023 12:37PM

4-1/2 years ago my boyfriend's son got married at the to of a mountain in Keystone, Colorado. It was gorgeous. They had 3 days of partying.

My daughter got married 6 months later in the temple. I made sure I got there late so I didn't have to stand outside. I timed it well. I handled it pretty good. If they had offered me the opportunity to go in without paying tithing, etc., I would have said no. I got married in the same temple.

Their little luncheon after the wedding was nice and it was simple, not extravagant, and I really enjoyed the day and I'm so thrilled about who she married. Then my aunt wrote the e-mail I shared some years ago and I just found the printed copy of the answers you guys gave. She gave me a play by play of sitting in the chapel waiting to be taken to the sealing room and it was 51 stairs up to the room. I do have PTSD and this set it off. I told my aunt what she had done. I told her I GOT MARRIED THERE. I didn't need you to explain every detail.

Oh, to have a do over, but I don't want to get married again. I'm not up to ever emotionally being ready for that.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: April 12, 2023 08:03PM

And that's exactly what a wedding should be like. A celebration where everyone is happy and excited to be a part of it. Not separating the worthy/unworthy. Not doing rituals in costumes. I've had to suffer through being the 'unworthy' waiting outside for 2 of my TBM siblings' temple 'weddings', as well as for a few friends. Ick

Interestingly enough, one of my TBM sisters loves attending non-Mo weddings because she says 'they're actually fun'. LOL

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 13, 2023 01:40AM

If I get married or hitched or Domestically partnered, odds on we’ll both be nude

Just Sayin’

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.