Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 11:02PM

After having battled federal power for years, including an incident that killed one of his friends, Ammon Bundy is now throwing himself at the Feds' feet in supplication.

As we all know, Ammon has more recently run afoul of state authority--which he used to applaud as legitimate--with his sit-ins and scream-ins at local schools and hospitals. Adding insult to injury, he has avoided service of process in part by threatening the sheriff and his deputies. So now the enemy isn't Black Helicopter Washington but deep-state Boise.

What should an aspiring Captain Moroni do? Well, obviously, seek to move the trial from state court to the more trustworthy federal courts. Hypocrisy? To be sure. Doomed to failure? Almost certainly, since it is state laws he's been violating and the separation of powers doctrine will probably preclude federal intervention.

But these events do clarify matters. On the one hand, we now see that Ammon is not averse to government power of any sort: what he opposes is the idea that any person or group can prevent him from doing what he wants. He is one-man "Me Generation."

Also evident, on the other hand, is the the LDS church's continuing refusal to do anything about this moron.

Cowards, all.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/boise/article274924856.html

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/crime/local-he-has-no-counsel-ammon-bundy-files-petition-to-move-his-case-to-federal-court/277-ada1aca8-6def-4201-a850-88731a6e50f7

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/ammon-bundy-files-to-move-case-to-federal-court-he-never-showed-up-in-state-court/ar-AA1aC9KU

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 11:11PM

It’s like you read my mind!

But then, he is pure Nephite.

Date: May 01, 2023 11:18PM

> It’s like you read my mind!

I like picture books.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 11:14PM

He's such a bozo!

Does the Mormon church think the rest of the world won't notice he's Mormon? With Lori Daybell and Extremist Mike, it's hard for people not to notice the fruits of the Mormon church.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 11:36PM

Fruits and nuts!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 01, 2023 11:48PM

Ammon and Lori and Chad are all giving Mormonism a bad name, and Idaho a bad name.

And they are not even worth suing for defamation.

Date: May 02, 2023 01:06AM

Ouch!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: May 03, 2023 10:06PM

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/05/593446/

"At least three witnesses are unwilling to testify in St. Luke’s Health System’s defamation lawsuit against Bundy, associate Diego Rodriguez and related entities because they fear the tactics used by the former gubernatorial candidate and his followers, according to St. Luke’s attorney Erik Stidham.

It is those alleged actions, and not Bundy’s refusal to respond to the lawsuit in state court, that led to an arrest warrant being issued by a judge last week. Stidham said the warrant is the result of Bundy’s failure to follow a court order barring the defendants from “witness harassment” and intimidation."

"n December, 4th District Judge Lynn Norton issued a protection order prohibiting any defendants or agents of the defendants from using direct or indirect force to intimidate, threaten or harass anyone who had testified in the case or might be called as a witness. They also were prohibited from trying to influence, deter, obstruct or impede potential witnesses.

Bundy repeatedly violated that order through online statements, St. Luke’s argued in a 300-page document packed with examples. He has also refused to remove certain web pages about people involved in the lawsuit — in violation of a cease and desist notice — including a call to action and a post titled “Come No More Upon Me, A Warning Letter From Ammon Bundy.”

"Norton ruled that Bundy had defied the order and issued the arrest warrant."

Will somebody lock this clown up before more people get killed?

Date: May 03, 2023 10:12PM

If anyone else gets killed, it won't be Bundy. He'll be prudently hiding behind a tree or someone's skirts.

Date: May 03, 2023 10:36PM

True. But he isn't the one I was referring to.

Date: May 03, 2023 10:44PM

What am I missing? Whom are you discussing?

Date: May 03, 2023 11:06PM

It wasn't Bundy I was worried about getting killed.

Date: May 03, 2023 11:07PM

Nor I.

I was simply saying that he has, and may well again, provoke a conflict that kills others but that he will be sure he personally remains safe.

Date: May 03, 2023 11:11PM

That was my meaning as well.

Either provoking a conflict with LE, or one of his followers deciding to take out someone associated with the lawsuit or hospital.

Date: May 03, 2023 11:17PM

That's the real danger--and Bundy is not the only individual content to fan the flames that will burn others.

But you know that as well as I do.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 03, 2023 11:00PM

Witness intimidation is something JS and BY would do. Aren't Mormons supposed to follow the prophet?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 03, 2023 11:53PM

The LDS Church staying out of the way of this fool is just smart PR. We all know the church leadership never have a problem unless you publicly go against them.

Date: May 03, 2023 11:55PM

The church isn't staying out of the way of this fool." That's what they'd like to do, but almost every article on him now mentions his Mormon background.

Their reticence has become a public relations disaster.

Date: May 04, 2023 12:05AM

Ammon is a speck in the whole scope of things. Not major news most people don’t give a damn.

Date: May 04, 2023 12:12AM

Nope. He's not a "speck" anymore.

He and his connection to the church are all over the news. The people whom the church hopes to attract through mainstreaming are precisely the audience who care about this, the Daybell-Vallows, the child molestation and coverups, etc.

This is one issue that cannot be ignored any longer.

Date: May 04, 2023 12:16AM

Bundy will be served a cold dish when interest in him wanes and his followers find something else to follow. A stupid lawsuit isn’t worth getting people killed over. You let things cool down and when it’s all over the horizon and Bundy thinks he beat the rap, then you snag him.

Date: May 04, 2023 12:19AM

Bundy has been in the news for years and he's getting more attention than ever. That's what makes him important.

And no, the authorities aren't going to let him flout the law much longer. Why? Because the law ceases to function when people like him and his buddies are allowed to threaten people. The longer such patterns are allowed to persist, the worse the problem becomes.

He's had far more than his rightful fifteen minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2023 12:20AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 04, 2023 12:19PM

I think there is real fear now of stirring up things with the huge number of anti government types in Idaho.

Date: May 05, 2023 04:36PM

Idaho, Arizona, and to some extent Utah as well.

Date: May 04, 2023 12:02AM

So Ammon has become the Al Capone of Idaho. Everyone is scared to testify against him. The police fear him.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 04, 2023 05:08PM

Ammon is my super secret sacred silly temple name!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 23, 2023 07:00AM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 05, 2023 03:53PM

Do you think that Mormon church leaders fear his threats and intimidations? That may be a possibility, like, "Let's keep Bundy and his family in good stead with the church to avoid us gettin' dead, and all."

Date: May 05, 2023 04:35PM

I don't think they are physically frightened, just constrained by the fact that 1/3 of the church sympathizes with Bundy and his merry band of halfwits.

The problem I see is that Bundy now looms so large in the American consciousness that he threatens their policy of mainstreaming.

It's quite a dilemma.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 22, 2023 09:28PM

Here's an interesting article on some new Bundy bait and switch projects.

https://svinews.com/civil-suit-alleges-ammon-bundy-hid-assets-in-wyoming/

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: May 22, 2023 11:33PM

Wasn’t one of Bundy’s original gripes that he couldn’t earn a living ranching?

Date: May 22, 2023 11:49PM

Bundy "made millions as a professional extremist and conflict entrepreneur. . ."

When I was looking for employment out of college, "conflict entrepreneur" was not listed in the career catalogue so I took that job in the beauty salon. Oh, the wasted years!

I wonder if there's still time to become a "professional extremist." That sounds like a lot of fun and, judging from the captain's experience, remunerative as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2023 03:26AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: May 23, 2023 04:58PM

I only learned the other day that the true-life patriarch of the Lafferty clan was NOT named Ammon! Interesting that whoever scripted Hulu's Under the Banner of Heaven series chose to rename him Ammon. Perhaps due to the "wacky Mormon" implications of the name. ???

Date: May 23, 2023 05:33PM

I can't think of any other reason.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.