Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: May 13, 2023 11:37AM

Just something I read from elsewhere. But if true: why is she so special? The answer is obvious: she is the most Mormon person to come along in decades. She is the epitome of everything a Mormon woman is supposed to do and think. Her spiritual experiences absolutely confirm the main value proposition of the Mormon world view. So of course she is going to be revered by all "true" Mormons.

IMO.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 13, 2023 12:08PM

She was like Abraham with Isaac except the imaginary friend in her head didn’t stop her.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 13, 2023 12:37PM

Does being found guilty of
multiple murders require him
to call the Kirkland-McCostco
'what do I do now?' hotline?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 13, 2023 12:55PM

Does he bring her the sacrament to pretend she's eating Jesus?

Posted by: Boyd KKK ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 03:00PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does he bring her the sacrament to pretend she's
> eating Jesus?

That is Catholics. Makes them cannibals.

Mormons pretend water is wine(while they are told not to drink it) and get more rigid with kids blessing and passing it every year.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 13, 2023 04:09PM

At least she won't be getting any callings involving youth.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 13, 2023 04:10PM

I hope that isn't true. There's no way that men, or ugly women, get such service.

Posted by: dot matrix printer ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 05:39AM

Bishops are directed to visit members of their ward who are incarcerated unless the stake president dictates otherwise. They receive counseling, blessings and sacrament if requested by the inmate.

Date: May 14, 2023 09:56PM

I frankly wonder if the COB would be willing to play bishop roulette in this instance given the political sensitivity. If Vallow were to describe, accurately or not, what they talked about, the church could have a major problem on its hands.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 05:39AM

slskipper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just something I read from elsewhere. But if true:
> why is she so special? The answer is obvious: she
> is the most Mormon person to come along in
> decades. She is the epitome of everything a Mormon
> woman is supposed to do and think. Her spiritual
> experiences absolutely confirm the main value
> proposition of the Mormon world view. So of course
> she is going to be revered by all "true" Mormons.
>
> IMO.

Does Idaho allow conjugal visits? She clearly has the ability to manipulate men who may be looking for sex, starved for attention, or a little insecure. My guess is even if there is no conjugal visit or anything sexual in nature with regards to the visits, my guess is the bishop is enamored with her. It will also be interesting to see if the visits continue now that she is a double convicted murderer, and convicted of conspiracy in a third murder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2023 05:41AM by alsd.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 10:33AM

Make his name public and I doubt he will be visiting her anymore

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 11:35AM

I think they are trying to keep her on a short leash. Through this whole thing, the last thing they have wanted is her talking to the press.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 12:07PM

I believe Susan I/S is correct. Vallow can and has been quite an embarrassment to the corporation. I am a male and do not see Vallow as attractive. There is an underlying ugliness or anger that is hard to describe that is hidden behind that dark smile. It has to be damage control.

Date: May 14, 2023 12:11PM

Yes, what Susan is saying makes sense to me. The corporation is trying to keep her on a short leash.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 01:16PM

Here is my question concerning her devotion to the mormon church. I wanted to know about her first two husbands. She married her high school sweetheart, divorced him and married someone else and from what I understand had her son Colby with him. When she married Mr.Ryan, she must have changed Colby's last name to Ryan. Now, with these 3 marriages, were any of them temple sealings? How devout was Lori, really?

There are so many unanswered questions about this woman and her history, we have hardly scratched the surface.

Date: May 14, 2023 01:31PM

I think she's a psychopath. Such people take what they want from religion and toss the rest. She probably sees herself as a Nephi and her children as Labans.

Mormonism is just a tool for her own self-interest.

Date: May 14, 2023 04:53PM

I've been debating if she's Borderline Personality Disorder with a huge helping of narcissism on the side.

Date: May 14, 2023 05:03PM

Well, you know this but the Cluster B personality disorders--anti-social, narcissistic, borderline, histrionic--all stem from related causes and tend to bleed into each other. A borderline can certainly act sociopathically from time to time.

My (uneducated) guess is she is more narcissistic/anti-social but a borderline diagnosis may be on point. It's just that she seems more egocentric and more calculating than the average borderline. She's obviously capable of planning ruthless crimes, enacting them, and then concealing them over long periods of time, which bespeaks more constancy and lack of empathy than is usually associated with more typically mercurial borderlines.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 01:28PM

doesn't have to put up with him knocking on their door.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 03:00PM

Sounds like LD$ Inc. was coaching her on what to say in court.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 14, 2023 08:59PM

Including the (out of court?) thing about Nephi?

Com'on now, Dave, I think U know better....

It's a shame that most who learned about the crimes & Lori + Chad aren't aware of the religious / LDS cultural backstory.

I think / understand that there's plenty (ha!) of individuality / some variance in Bishops (per my active daughter) so I guess visits could be happening, but I haven't experienced the 'ninety & nine' thing in Morland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2023 10:27PM by GNPE.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.