Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 01:56AM

Looks like a group promoting protection of dark skies is pushing back at the corporation's plans for the Heber Temple.

In a rebuttal to a corporation statement, the group notes they corporation is raising the height of the steeple from 88 feet to 112 feet, and that several civic leaders state their temple recommends were threatened if they spoke or voted against the desires of the corporate sole.

Next meeting is 25 October. Will be interesting to see if the corporate lawyers make an appearance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 05:29AM

Dark skies are worth protecting. As a child growing up in suburban-to-rural New England, I used to lie on the grass in my backyard on warm summer nights, staring at the starry sky. I loved looking at the haze of the Milky Way, and trying to identify the constellations and certain stars. My family eventually got me a beginner's telescope.

Now, I live where there is intense light pollution. I only see a small fraction of the stars that I used to see. How can one ever feel appropriately small in the scheme of things without being able to stare at a starry sky?

Posted by: Lighting Temples ( )
Date: October 12, 2023 07:28AM

With the newest HE LED lighting designs currently available, nighttime broadcasting of whiter and brighter LD$ temples and the illumination of entire temple grounds, has never been cheaper.

At only a fraction of previous energy costs (500% savings) the ROI (return on investment) just now jumped again.

Their lawyers are the wolf pack insuring things are handled as swiftly as possible.

Posted by: BoydKKK ( )
Date: October 13, 2023 12:39PM

Can understand MFMC threatening members over this. Also them using intimidation tactics against non-members in the area.
They are as bad as organized crime when it comes to ramming what they want through the hoops government lays out.

Monkey wrenching by locals can be a good thing.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 13, 2023 01:11PM

The Heber Valley and Park City are the gentile part of Utah. People live there to get away from the church. They don’t want temples.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 13, 2023 01:46PM

The church could be a good neighbor by using an unlit parking lot. Then they could drive a fleet of their tricked out RV Temples. These special VIP Temples on wheels could be taken out once a month for a special Temple Jamboree.

Posted by: Livid ( )
Date: January 23, 2024 04:00PM

Any updates?

Posted by: swallow ( )
Date: January 24, 2024 04:29AM

Signed

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: January 24, 2024 09:03PM

Wait..there's more....link

https://kutv.com/news/local/latter-day-saints-church-files-motion-to-intervene-in-heber-valley-temple-lawsuit#

The powers that be are not going to give up on their fight withe Heber Valley.....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.