Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 29, 2023 11:21AM

I am neither a Priest, Pastor, or Pope, but I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express.

If any of you would like to confess a past sin, a wicked thought, or anything that is weighing on your mind, you may do so now.

Please step into the confessional and whisper to me what vexes you my child.

I promise not to tell anyone other than a few hundred random strangers and maybe write a book about it.

The time is now yours.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 29, 2023 11:45AM

One time, when I was younger, I stole a car and played death race 2000, bumped off a few old people, crashed it into a 7-11. robbed it, car jacked another vehicle and drove it to a bank and robbed it, started a fire in an abandoned building, drove to a dealers house and grabbed an 8 ball, picked up a couple hookers and and a bottle of Hennessy XO and got a room for the night.

But the thing I really can't live with is, while in the room, I got a $10 parking ticket.....and I never paid it!

Please forgive me, and if it helps, I was an AP on my mission and I'm willing to give you the money for the ticket.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 06:35PM

That game ruined me!

When I was very little someone took me to an arcade in Chicago with what were then already very old games, One of them was Death Race 2000.

I don't remember 7/11 or carjackings or drug dealers. Maybe you played an updated version of the game although it may be that I've suppressed the details. Anyway, all I remember is a black screen with little white figures running around, each worth a different number of points; the granny with her bent back and cane--or was it a walker?--was the most lucrative. When you hit one of the people with your vehicle, a little white cross popped up and you got more points,

That was the first time I ever contemplated killing people even in a game. I remember a surge of awkward giggling and a sense that what I was doing must surely be wrong. I recall feeling guilt afterward and almost a need to seek some sort of absolution or even therapy. I think I was told that the game was illegal in some states--and for what seemed good reason!

That's probably one of my strongest memories from that stage of my childhood. My guess is that budding APs with attitude were more the target market, people whose sense of decency was already seriously compromised. But for a scrawny little kid with unbecoming glasses, Death Race 2000. was traumatic!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 29, 2023 11:47AM

I have many pet peeves to confess!

I'll start with this one. I get miffed in the grocery store when someone leaves their cart in the middle of the aisle while they browse the shelves and check their phone. They are oblivious to the people who are standing there trying to get past them. Then, to make it worse, grocery stores make the aisles as narrow as possible and put dumb displays in them that cause additional blockage.

I confess my frustration with this issue. There have been times when I used the words fudge or heck under my breath.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 29, 2023 11:59AM

For a long time I tried to ignore documented facts, history and common sense to be a Mormon.

Date: November 29, 2023 12:20PM

Oh man, you are gonna need to say a lot of Hail Marys for that one.

Posted by: lousyleper ( )
Date: November 29, 2023 12:34PM

to never join. However, I would not have met my ex, Would have had no kids.

I am glad for joining, having kids, having a loving family for as long as it did. Then getting out. Interesting stuff!

Temporaryism!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2023 04:47PM by lousyleper.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 29, 2023 12:37PM

I've never been disciplined, nor disciplined...

Maybe I shouldn't have fought being drafted?

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 06:56AM

I saw my new neighbor. She's cute.

I had an impure thought (or two).

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 10:07AM

I removed the do not remove tag under penalty of law on my mattress. I removed it for no good reason and it's a capital offense for first time offenders.

I have been overwhelmed with shame and guilt.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 10:48AM

No need to feel guilty or confess.....

"Is it a federal offense to rip the tag off a mattress?"

"If you are the consumer or the buyer of the mattress, you can remove the tag after you purchase it, with no consequence. But, it is illegal for the mattress manufacturer to do it."

Date: November 30, 2023 11:07AM

I think sunbeep should report this to law enforcement. Some things are too heinous to be kept in confessionals.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 12:38PM

Reported.

Mr. Goop, this is just too heinous to overlook. You can expect three men in black to knock on your door to check your sofa tags, pillow tags, and even any stuffed animals that might be lurking about.

By the way, what is your address?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 12:42PM

50 E North Temple St, Salt Lake City, UT 84150

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 11:32AM

My wife died 6 years ago. I still talk to her every day and blow kisses to her photo.
Makes me feel good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2023 02:13PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 07:53PM

I love this.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 01:41PM

I am guilty of not shaming any person who dared show skin above the ankles or wrists. But even worse,tattoo's and a belly button piercing.

Cough..Cough....Gasp!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 05:04PM

Oh Boy, here goes.

Just today, I was awarded a perfect month award by the microsoft solitaire gods. I completed the 5 daily challenges every day for the month of November. Now I can move on with my life, knowing that my 74 year old brain can still puzzle and strategize face card moves just to solve a game. Nothing but bragging rights as a prize. Yes, I looked at face cards online, and I don't even feel guilty!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 06:06PM

I went with the neighbor lady, my older sister, and the neighbor's daughter who was my age/friend. She took us to Sprouse Reitz (don't remember the spelling) in Brigham City. We had a little bit of money for candy our mother had given us.

The lady asked me if I wanted this sucker and she gave her daughter and me one. My sister didn't want one. Then when she went to check out, she didn't have us pay for our suckers. I didn't dare say anything, but I felt HORRIBLE. On the way home, I gave it to my sister and told her I got it for her.

Then when we got home, she was eating the sucker and I stood off in the distance watching her.

I felt guilty for that for YEARS. I used to try to figure out how I could pay them back. I had forgotten about it for quite a while until you asked us to confess.

Dagny, I love the blocking carts, too, and now that Walmart has so many people filling orders and they are wider than a cart--so two people can't pass each other. So we all stand around waiting for the cart to move on.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 30, 2023 07:07PM

> ... Walmart has so many
> people filling orders...

Eventually the Walmart grocer section will consist entirely of blue-vested employees circling around, picking orders...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.