Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Luci ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 06:25PM

Guests spill coffee on everything beds, chairs, floor, desks. Coffee grounds are another mess to clean up

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 06:30PM

Well, if they were drinking something else, then they would be spilling that.

You have a tough job. Many years ago I worked at a horse facility, and one of my assigned tasks was to clean the men's restroom. I wanted to post targets on the urinals, because the men's aim was seriously lacking. :/

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 07:32PM

for one summer between semesters at college. I agree. They needed a target. It was so gross.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 08:18PM

Shortly after our wedding, my wife informed me that from now on I would be a "sitter".

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 09:44PM

What?! I hope you let her know the best you can do is occasionally put the seat down.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 12:37PM

Don't get me started about that whole seat thing !

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 01:35PM

the movie "What About Schmidt?" with Jack Nicholson. Great scene in that movie on the whole sitting versus standing issue.

Date: December 08, 2023 05:13PM

That was indeed a good movie!

All it takes is sitting on the cold porcelain one time in the dark in the middle of the night to make you check every time. People forget sometimes. Heck, I'm trying to get my grandson to put the set UP. No one likes sitting on a sprayed seat either.
Solution: get your own bathroom.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 12:25AM

Love that movie.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 01:48PM

Don't get me started either. What I have to say gets pretty gross and women don't come out that well.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: December 15, 2023 01:58AM

There was a new restaurant in my neighborhood a few years ago. They had a snarky sign in the bathroom, telling men to sit down to pee.

We visited once and found the food underwhelming and the staff unfriendly. We never went back, especially after I saw that sign in the bathroom. Usually, things like that start with management and trickle down.

Men started to post the idiotic sign on social media, criticizing the the sign. A few women posted it because they thought it was funny. It backfired big-time.

It was probably the lousy staff that destroyed the restaurant, but they closed within a year. Nobody in the neighborhood seemed to care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2023 02:00AM by T-Bone.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 01:39PM

My mother solved the problem of poor aim by requiring the boys to clean the bathrooms.

Once you are on your hands and knees scrubbing the floors, bleaching the toilet, and detailing around the seat hinges along with that stench of urine. Your opinion on how to use a toilet changes significantly.

To this day I can smell a dirty bathroom and they gross me out as well. I cleaned bathrooms for two years as a side job while going to school. I found both genders have nasty bathroom habits, but my managers always raved about how clean the bathrooms were each morning, and each evening I would return again to clean up all those nasty bathroom use habits.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: December 15, 2023 12:20PM

I had a job for a while cleaning the local high school. My experience was the girls bathroom was much worse than the boys. I think our society just likes berating males.

Posted by: Silence is Golden ( )
Date: December 15, 2023 01:14PM

Agreed!

Some of the things I encountered in the women's restroom far exceeded anything I ever encountered in a men's restroom.

Posted by: Len ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 04:38PM

Like what?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 05:33PM

Silence is Golden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Some of the things I encountered in
> the women's restroom far exceeded
> anything I ever encountered in a
> men's restroom.

I once encountered a woman in a women's restroom...  Could it get any worse!?  I was mortified!  I begged her pardon and ran across the hallway!!

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 12:16AM

True. Look at any sitcom that has a family. The dad is always a buffoon and it's considered "cute".

Nah, it's disgusting.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 19, 2023 05:27AM

Nah. That's just my own experience of cleaning up after men who either can't aim straight to save their lives, or who don't care to. I personally never had any issues with the women's restroom.

ETA: This was the same facility where my very competent and experienced female boss was told that she would not get a promotion that she was in line for, because she was the wrong sex. To her face. So, yeah. Poor, poor men, always being unjustly berated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2023 05:31AM by summer.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 06:38PM

Luci Wrote:
> Guests spill coffee on everything beds, chairs,
> floor, desks. Coffee grounds are another mess to
> clean up

That's why I only stay in hotels that provide free whiskey.

Date: December 07, 2023 07:26PM

Doña Luci, no hagas caso a la bruja esta, la Sra. Gladys Lot; sólo está haciendo, como siempre, sus tonterías.

Se permite la pregunta, ¿que barrio?

Pero de todos modos, bien venida.

Date: December 07, 2023 07:30PM

As if we haven't found you with a bottle in the linen closet from time to time!

Welcome, Luci. You'll have to forgive me and Sr. Jesus Elderodddog, for our occasional attempts at humor.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 07:37PM

I’d trade coffee for the ground in popcorn we had to get out of shag carpet in the ‘70’s after parents rented rooms for pool parties. Nightmarish.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 07, 2023 10:05PM

Sign in men's room saloon:
"We aim to please.
You aim, too, please."

Luci, according to some accounts (for me, that's RfM), tobacco was forbidden in the earliest days of LDS the women were disgusted and tired from having to clean up cigar butts and tobacco spit from the floors. Well, so they say.

Posted by: AnonRm ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 05:23AM

They say the WoW was partly because Emma etc hated cleaning up chewing tobacco stains. Red wine stains (Weinsteins?) are bad too. You may be onto something here.

Posted by: SCMD not logged in ( )
Date: December 15, 2023 02:38AM

Joseph supposedly included tea in the WoW because Emma was a tea drinker. He wanted her to give up something, too.

AnonRm Wrote:
> something here.

Date: December 15, 2023 11:00AM

I hadn't thought of that. It's not like Emma was leaving tea bags out for JS to clean up!

I think we can agree JS didn't really respect Emma a whole lot over time. I can't believe she bought the idea that if Joseph claimed "God said so," she had to obey him.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 09:47AM

Drinking coffee is so seriously stupid, thank goodness Mormons only drink healthy stuff like dirty sodas with 1500 calories. Smart people, eh?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 09:54AM

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 12:54PM

Sign in store restroom:

“Women should stay seated for the entire performance”

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: December 08, 2023 01:06PM

Several years ago there was a guy in the ward I attended that was a crime scene investigator for a fairly large police department. His agency was one of the first to purchase one of those special lights that could illuminate blood and other bodily fluids at a crime scene. Because his dept had the only light in the area he was asked to demonstrate the light to other CSI's at a seminar in a city several miles away which required an overnight stay.

After the seminar I asked him how it went. His reply, "Seminar was fine but I learned to never turn on that light in my motel room".

Date: December 09, 2023 05:00PM

I shall bring my black light to your hotel.

Date: December 09, 2023 11:09PM

Date: December 09, 2023 11:24PM

Back seat made would be more common.

Date: December 09, 2023 11:25PM

You cheap bastard!!!

Date: December 10, 2023 01:23AM

Even worse is getting pregnant on a pull out couch.

Date: December 10, 2023 12:11PM

I heard it was on a pull-out couch while listening to Saturday Night Fever,

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.