Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 01:26PM

I just saw an article on yahoo.

There were two lds followers similar to lori vallow who kidnapped Blaze Thibaudeau a teen to follow some doomsday nonsense. Last i heard they were in Canada.

Spring Thibaudeau and Brook Hale, the lds kidnappers were arrested on Canada Alaska port of entry. Blaze was rescued!

Now spring is in maricopa jail on same floor as lori!

Brook is in jail too.

They were extradited.

I dont know how to post links. Someone could do it. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 03:42PM

I remember this. The dad had full custody, hence the kidnapping charge. I was very glad that the son was found safe.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 05:37PM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: December 16, 2023 04:37PM

Spring may be in jail until trial. Whether she gets time depends on that. She split town before the court gave Dad custody, likely unaware that being served in a divorce creates a number of things you can't do.

No coparenting and child support problems for Dad. She handed Blaze over on a silver platter.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 17, 2023 12:28PM

Their father was our bishop in the Wiesbaden Germany Servicemen's Ward. The family was extremely attractive, and all 8 kids above average. Spring married young, and married this Thibaudeau guy, who, if I remember correctly, was non-American, although I can't be sure. By that time, my family was in the midst of re- packing and transferring back to Maryland. But it seems that he could maybe have been French, or possibly Belgian, possibly Canadian, or an American with a French name. Whatever. It's hard to take this in, because they were beautiful and fun to be around. Her father was a lt. col. In the Air Force, and a family counselor at the Air Force Regional Hospital. A church member came to him (as I shop)to confess he had been sexually abusing his daughter. He instructed the man to go to his commander and do the difficult thing of confessing his crime and being jailed. He did, and they became angry that the bishop did not do as required--immediately reporting the abuser to military family authorities. He was about to be court-martialed, but arrange an agreement to force him to retire. They went back to Utah, settled in Provo, where he bought and took over a few used car companies. He also started a new MLM business based on foods, particularly gazpacho, which he credited with curing his wife's gluten intolerance. Yeah, as you may have guessed how that went. That was about 1992. We haven't heard a dicky bird since.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.