Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: January 27, 2024 09:09AM

Hi, I myself back in the day when I was an active LDS member have gotten a few online surveys from the church. Now supposably the lds church is sending out surveys to children with their parents consents. Well the prophet of God needs a survey to help him get revelations.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8t5qSAs/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 27, 2024 09:18AM

“Well the prophet of God needs a survey to help him get revelations.”

Of course. What do you think Moses was doing on the mountaintop for 40 days and 40 nights? He was crunching survey numbers in order to come up with the Ten Commandments.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 27, 2024 11:15AM

This is an admission that there is no revelation and some loving OMNISCIENT god is not running the church. It's a confession. Period.

The kids are losing interest and they are being asked to take the same kind of survey as any other company that immediately polls their customers about their service once they buy a product. How can we serve you better? Please give us 5 stars. Are the LDS Mormons being reviewed on YELP yet?

So what would the questions for children be?

Does popcorn really pop on an apricot tree?

Is the Tree of Life really an apricot tree?

Are you happy when Mommy pays tithing and you get no treats and only macaroni every meal?

Did you really choose to get baptized or just wanted to make Daddy proud? And not get into trouble like Billy did?

Do you know how important it is to Heavenly Father to hide your true self?

Is it a sin to take No-Doze when you go to church?

Does it kind of scare you that Jesus wants you to be a Sunbeam? Would you be less scared if Jesus shaved his beard?

Do you think the mission age should be changed to 16?

Do you understand why it is when you grow up how important it is to :

A Get married as young as possible in the temple (even if you are SSA--don't worry it will go away)

B Only marry a worthy Mormon, extra points for scoring an RM

C Skip education and have children. Do you know spirits are waiting for bodies and it's a sin to deny them.

D Marry only someone with whom you have much in common (like skin color although don't ever say this in public)

E All of the above.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 27, 2024 11:40AM

What, are they asking for a review of the snacks and coloring sheets?

Date: January 27, 2024 05:26PM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What, are they asking for a review of the snacks
> and coloring sheets?

Back when I had a nursery calling the churches handbook said that the nursery should provide the snacks for all the nursery children. We had a "sharing basket" basically a white laundry basket and we asked the nursery parents to fill the basket and bring it back the next Sunday. So I went to sister X the Primary President and said that in the church handbook it said that the nursery should provide the snacks with the church money and not the parents. Primary President sister X said to me " I know what the handbook says if we would spend the money on the nursery snacks there would be nothing left from the primary budget for the year".
One time I gave the laundry bucket to someone and she never came back to the nursery again for several weeks I guess she didn't want to tell me that she didn't have the money to buy snacks for 25 nursery kids. I felt so bad and after that always brought the snacks myself and never again did I pass out the laundry basket again. How dare I hand a basket to a mom and assume she has the money to buy snacks for 25 children? I was following blindly what the primary President wanted me to do. If I could turn back time I would have never passed out that basket again.

Posted by: Chamonix ( )
Date: January 28, 2024 09:09PM

It acts more like a corporation than a spiritually guided organization.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 29, 2024 09:04AM

I really liked those questions D&D.

The church has relied on surveys since the 1980s to determine what members like.

Date: January 29, 2024 08:51PM

The lds church has replaced the scouting program a couple of years ago with a different program for the young men. Now this is me speculating without any proof or evidence. What if the young men's program is not doing too well? Is that why the lds church is doing the survey? The lds cooperation wants growth and money.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.