Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 29, 2024 11:20PM

say women had priesthood power, just no specific office.

There have been other threads here about women's response. I think it can fairly be summed up as "yeah, right."

First Counselor J. Anette Dennis responded with the following statement:
“Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to share your feelings,” Dennis said. “As we read through the comments, we were moved by some of the experiences you’ve had. As a member of the General Relief Society Presidency, I can assure you that we and our church leaders are listening and learning from the things you have shared with us.”

I would take that to mean they are nervous, but don't hold your breath expecting any change.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 03:17PM

I wonder if Sister Dennis felt the irony when the above statement had to be approved by the brethren before it could be released.

Also, several Utah news outlets reported that this statement was an apology. I've read it a few times and have somehow missed the apology.

Posted by: TPTS ( )
Date: March 30, 2024 03:25PM

This Church written/approved non-apology apology statement just serves as further proof of the disdain that the Brethren have for women. Further irony is the reports of a crackdown ordering women to wear temple garments more consistently. (See other threads for this information.)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 03:34PM

Like men never do the same. It's why so many Mormon men like to wear shorts and a tank top and insist they are doing sports.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 31, 2024 03:22PM

Dennis the menace.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 04, 2024 02:28PM

I don't think this is a big deal to church leaders, especially the women who are serving in the RS presidency.

If anything, this is another "We can't believe members are so butt hurt over God's church and hierarchy."

I think that's the type of conversations that church leaders are having. They can't believe that there's continual criticism over established church order and procedures. Church leaders used to be butt hurt from church outsider criticism, but such criticism is becoming more common from members.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.