Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tauna ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 05:41PM

And this statement he apparently recieved from his polygamous sky daddy...

"San Angelo, Texas • Accused child-bride rapist and self-styled polygamist prophet Warren Jeffs — who is representing himself at trial in a West Texas courtroom — on Friday afternoon delivered a threatening "statement from God," saying those who are prosecuting him will face "sickness and death."

"I will wrest your power. I shall judge you. I shall let all people’s know your unjust ways," Jeffs told the court. "I will send a scourge upon the counties of prosecutorial zeal that to be humbled by sickness and death."

Link
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52288100-78/jeffs-child-prosecutors-sacred.html.csp

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Puli ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 05:57PM

Especially when these marriages aren't recognized by the state. These very young girls have no legal protections marriage offers.

Brigham Young had a wife divorce him and sue for alimony. He argued that none was due because the government did not recognize any but his first marriage. He won and was not required to pay spousal support. This is the grand institution of LDS and now FLDS polygamy.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 05:58PM

The comments are funny.
Q-"What is the primary doctrinal difference between FLDS and LDS churches?"
A-"one builds malls which teen girls like. The other just likes teen girls."

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 06:42PM

So he orders skeezy ugly men to "marry" and abuse bunches of 'em sexually, physically, and emotionally.

I mean, it ain't like women're people, right?

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 08:17PM

"I will wrest your power. I shall judge you. I shall let all people’s know your unjust ways," Jeffs told the court. "I will send a scourge upon the counties of prosecutorial zeal that to be humbled by sickness and death."

Good grief! It sounds like ol' Warren really believes he is a prophet. What a maroon.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 08:19PM

And he said; "Not me, God."

Coward -- he even hides behind his God's skirts.

Posted by: emma ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 08:35PM

Anyone notice in the comments that there were lots of people bashing joseph smith and no one lds person made a comment defending him?

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 09:12PM

Same at the boise newspaper website. I wonder if they were told to stay out of it in sacrament meeting? I'm sure the "leaders" were aware this trial was coming up.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 10:07PM

Proves that the FLDS can be called "Mormons" after all.

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 10:35PM

+1.

Posted by: nonmo ( )
Date: July 29, 2011 11:42PM

Tauna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"I will wrest your power. I shall judge you. I
> shall let all people’s know your unjust ways,"
> Jeffs told the court. "I will send a scourge upon
> the counties of prosecutorial zeal that to be
> humbled by sickness and death."

Soooooo....Jeffs and/or Monsoon are true prophets and messengers from God and talk directly to God?? Right, to inform their chosen few and hopefully pick up a few more converts...That is their "mission" so to speak...

So them being all benevolent and humble and all, I hAve to ask....
What is up with threatening people?????

Posted by: ! ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 02:37AM

"Self-styled polygamist prophet" ... I don't get that "self styled" part, he is clearly the leader of the FLDS and whatever corporations it controls.

Date: July 30, 2011 12:57PM

I dunno, this one seems to be styled after Joseph Smith.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 05:04PM

self-styled (sĕlfˈstīldˈ)
adjective
As characterized by oneself, often without right or justification: “poets, real or self-styled” (Constantine Fitzgibbon).

http://www.yourdictionary.com/self-styled

Date: July 30, 2011 08:29PM

Whoops, should have looked that up before I made a fool of myself. ;-)

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 08:17AM

Why can't we just lock these criminally insane jack ____'s up. A sexually violent preditor with a superiority complex and a persecution complex when his superiority complex is confronted.

It must be hard to be in prison and not being the slave holder, power guy any more.

HaHa Jeffs, hope you stay in there till you die. Society doesn't need you.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 10:33AM

Didn't he make a recorded confession from jail some time ago to his followers saying that he *wasn't* a prophet? And that he was guilty of some unspecified sinful abominations, including some committed with his own sisters, etc.?

Now in court he's a prophet again? I guess being a prophet for Jeffs is like turning a faucet on and off.

And what will Jeffs' followers think after all scourges of God that he threatens the judge and the State of Illinois with never come to pass? Just another failed prophecy conveniently forgotten?

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 04:31PM

Skunk Puppet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didn't he make a recorded confession from jail
> some time ago to his followers saying that he
> *wasn't* a prophet?

He was just speaking as a man for that one. Or else he was misquoted or it was taken out of context.

See, NONE of your attacks against the Prophet succeed ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 04:32PM by baura.

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 11:28AM

It would be hilarious if God struck him dead in the courtroom.

(Doubly hilarious since I'm an atheist.)

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:25PM

Going through the comments in the Trib.... the song "Praise to the Man" used to say the the blood of Smith stained Illinois...

Regardless... in retrospect I see it's a pretty scary song.
http://mldb.byu.edu/A%20Believing%20People/Phelps-Praise%20to%20the%20Man.htm

Posted by: Quoth the raven nevermo ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 01:30PM

Yes he did confess to his brother that he was a false prophet. It was recorded in prison. I guess he got over his guilt and is back to being the mouth of god. The pics of jeffs and his child brides are just disgusting.

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 03:52PM

But god forgave him to show us that we, too, can be forgiven and allowed him to continue as a prophet because god loves him a fallen man.

Anagrammy

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 03:54PM

StalkerDog- pass the popcorn over here and could OnceMor scoot just a little to the left so I can see better.

Thanks

ANAGRAMMY IS LOVIN' THIS

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 04:47PM

And answer the door because I don't want to miss anything.

But damn! I wish this trial was being televised.

And what a hoot that the judge is a female!!! Priceless!

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 07:58PM

anagrammy, I have shifted my somewhat-plumpish ass a little to the left. Is that better? (Hey, some lady parts are meant to be padded.)

Warren was weakened by a hunger strike, and had knee problems from spending so much time kneeling in prayer, when he confessed that he was the wickedest man on earth and that he was no prophet. That was also when he named Willie Jessop as his successor.

Willie ain't buying Warren's "I take it back" gambit. Willie's down on the Utah/Arizona border right now, making friends and holding services.

Posted by: unbeliever42 ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 02:14PM

*sigh* He's just getting in deeper and deeper.... but the problem is, he might be able to swing an insanity defense if this keeps up, and that would be Bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2011 02:20PM by unbeliever42.

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 03:33PM

The more I hear about her, the more I like Judge Barbara Walther.

After one instance of Warren Jeffs threatening the court with warnings he claimed arrived straight from Jesus Christ, Judge Walther warned Jeffs:

"Walther warned him that if he — or the God he claims to communicate with — directed any threats of harm at the jury, she would remove him. Then she started the trial again."

That's smile-worthy. Keep on keepin' on Judge Walther.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: July 30, 2011 03:42PM

Don'tcha imagine ol' Jeffsy-poo REALLY has his garmies in a grungy twist because the judge at his trial is a.....

<GASP>

FEMALE!

I'm surprised he has not said something about that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.