Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: frankiepup ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:18PM

I posted this elsewhere but -- I found this board while looking for information on the Mormon church following the conversion of one of my cousins. I've been reading the board for a few weeks now and have been intrigued and saddened and enlightened by your stories.

I joined a few days ago and was emboldened to post some questions and some comments. I guess that because I'd been reading for awhile and silently cheering people on or feeling sad for them, I just jumped in like I was known, and I'm not. Given your circumstances I can see where people thought I was a troll or a spy or something like that. Also, I'm a writer by trade so I probably sound like I'm getting this from a script.

Anyone who wonders who I am is free to message me for my Facebook information and I will give it to you. Not that that will make you think more of me, since my Facebook is full of oddness, but at least it might prove that I am what I say I am.

Otherwise I will be quiet henceforth and confine myself to reading posts. I did not mean to cause anyone suspicion. Your community is something to be protected and I respect that. Thank you for letting me read your stories. :o)

Frankie

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:19PM

...but I like you already.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:24PM

Feel free to post. We have a lot of self appointed troll catchers here and they are breaking the rules if they call you a troll. I didn't read the exchange, but whatever happened, I wouldn't let it drive you away.People will get to know you gradually. There are a number of people here who have never been Mormons.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:24PM

And welcome! I did the same thing -- I lurked for months before my first post. No worries.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:25PM

You're good.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:27PM

For some reason, whenever I read the word "troll" on this forum I visualize that creature Station from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey...

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:41PM

Remember when Bill and Ted told the Martian he had an impressive butt? And the Reaper got jealous and said: "Let us not overlook my butt."

Damn that was funny.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:41PM

oh man, that's too much. is that on netflix? i need to check that out. it's been too long...

Posted by: Tabula Rasa ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:47PM

Or in A Bug's Story when they went to town to catch the bad guys and he had to tell the lightning bug "Dude! Turn your butt off! They'll see us!"?

Ron

Posted by: puli ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:33PM

With your introduction and all, I see no reason why you should stay in the background. Ask quesitons, add comments as you see fit.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:35PM

Please feel free to post. Some have a tendency to scream TROLL when someone says something THEY don't like. You are not a troll until Eric or I say you are a troll. You have no need to prove anything to anyone. Mail me if you need help with anything :)

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:54PM

Wow. These are words that I could have used years ago when I started posting here.

They still make me feel good. Retroactive good advice perhaps?

Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:43PM

Jump in and say / ask what you want. This is what makes this site great, having the option to speak your mind and get to know others - for good and bad. We are all a big, huge, dysfunctional family.

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:49PM

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 05:55PM

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 06:29PM

Click the report button if someone calls troll. Susan will usually delete it. I did that last night and the whole thread is gone although there were other reasons besides troll calling.

Posted by: frankiepup ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 06:00PM

So I doubt anyone is going to mistake me for a Hobbit. :o)

Thanks everyone.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 06:11PM

www.facebook.com/mikeygoestohollywood

Posted by: Cristina ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 07:12PM

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 06:21PM

Posted by: robertb ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 06:48PM

Posted by: freeasabird ( )
Date: August 17, 2011 09:51PM

please do post!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.