Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nickerickson ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 05:51AM

This is out of Miami New Times News and it covers everything from coffee, Mountain Meadow Massacre, polygamy, blacks and the priesthood, bundt cakes, and so much more. Very tongue in cheek article. Definitely will have Florida MORmONS screaming mad today as it points out all the truth when such things should not be spoken of.

"But wouldn't our country suck if it was just like Utah?
Yes. Think of it as the white Saudi Arabia, only with better skiing. Have you ever tried buying a shot of whiskey in Salt Lake City? It's like fishing for lobster in a parking garage."

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2011-11-03/news/mormons-hate-em-or-elect-em/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 05:55AM by nickerickson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jasonian ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 06:10AM

Aw, thanks! This was awesome! *saves to bookmarks*

The comments, too, are funny.

Date: November 03, 2011 06:32AM

The comments are funny and just starting I'm sure. I can't wait to read the ones coming later today. I'm sure they will be great. I poked the bear a bit by posting:

"Excellent article, very tongue in cheek, well written.

For those of you who say it is "far from true" or "study up on mormon history" or even saying this article is "misleading", you are the ones who need to beef up on mormon history.

The mormons have been trying to cover their past for years instead of say, apologizing where need be and letting the rest go, they vehemently deny any history that now looks bad.

I was mormon for 30 years. I don't hold any ill will towards them now. Everything I learned on my way out was from church sources, not anti-mormon propaganda. My name is Nick Erickson and I'm an ex-mormon too.

And that little sting you feel reading this, that little prick in your heart, that is your inner self telling you your wrong. It isn't the spirit telling you the article is bad."

Date: November 03, 2011 11:39AM

Did he get 72 virgins for being a martyr?

No, but a very nice bundt cake was served at his Going Away to Heaven Party.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 12:42PM

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 12:17PM

I was laughing so hard while reading this article I nearly had coffee coming out my nose. :-D

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 01:25PM

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 03:00PM

and i hayelpt!! (thats southern for helped)!!

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 07:12PM

I'm giving this one a lift, and then I'm locking the ol' police interceptor in the garage. Last bit of driving I did out on the Internet highway left me with a weeks worth of dirty dishes and no clean clothes to wear...

Okay, just a peek, and I hope to garsh it's real tough to register for the comments section...

Posted by: sayhitokolob4me ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 07:55PM

Great article, laughed throughout. I'm not familiar with the Miami New Times, is it widely read, and anyone know if this article has/will be picked up by other services?

Date: November 03, 2011 08:17PM

I've never heard of it and I live in Ft. Lauderdale. Not sure how widely circulated it is though as I don't follow the local news too close.

Date: November 03, 2011 08:27PM

The comments are getting better and better. Nice to stir the pot a bit and get all the MORmONS going and see their responses. Of course the "you must be offended" and other such comments are already out.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: November 03, 2011 08:28PM

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: November 04, 2011 12:50PM

but denying that they are Mormon.

Posted by: mr. mike ( )
Date: November 04, 2011 02:38PM

They're also claiming to be Catholics....does COJCOLDS have an dedicated Internet scanning group like Scientology, or is it a private affair that lay members get brownie points for?

Date: November 04, 2011 03:36PM

The comments are great. Everyone who posted on there did great at stirring the pot, but not bashing anyone and the mormon religion outright. Great seeing all the mos lying about being mos saying it's true and the article is wrong. Funny how they feel a need to lie about being a mormon in order to stand up for their church. I guess they got that from GBH and his interview. "I don't know that we teach that."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.