Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:13PM

Someone at our monthly Exmo confab was telling us about someone who had successfully done their complete resignation process online.

I wasn't given any details but he insisted that it had all been done via email.

Anyone here ever heard of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:23PM

I've heard of it. I just read it on another board. (Having had to resort to other sites during the recent RfM cold turkey shutdown!) But now I can't remember where that was. I'll take a look and try to locate it. That is definitely big news, if it worked. Talk about COB getting with it in the new century. And maybe it says something about how many people are resigning, that they have had to streamline the process to that extent.

Maybe the poster meant they resigned online at the bishop level. Not sure. I'll try and find out and return and report. :)

Posted by: foolserrand2 ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:27PM

I resigned by sending my bishop a very detailed letter via email why I decided to resign from the church. He was pretty good about replying and accepting my request. However, I did send him a signed hard copy and stated that in my email. I had no problems resigning this way.

I tried sending a letter good ole snail mail directly to membership services, however they told me they would send my request back to my bishop and have him contact me.

I just circumvented that and sent him an email. You may get different results but it is worth a shot.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 06:41PM

It is going to depend on the locals. If they wanna do it they will, if they don't they wont.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: September 23, 2010 10:55PM

Well that makes sense if the party in the story I heard had local 'ecclesiastical' authorities that were simply being web-friendly.

Pretty much the same as paper resignations in that SLC always refers back to the local poo-bahs for that one last grasp.

I thought it sounded weird to think that suits at COB would do anything to expedite the mass desertion of deseret.

Posted by: luminouswatcher ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 12:40AM

Resigning from mormonism. Is there an app for that? :-)

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 04:59PM

Yes there is a form, it is form 32926252, it is titled kiss my ass. You sit on a copy machine for your signature.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 24, 2010 05:38PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.