Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Primus ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 09:58AM

So the owner of a local business in the same line of work as we are was recently arrested for selling Marijuana illegally. It's a childcare center btw. So DW went down and offered help in case DEL shut them down and transport kids to our center.

DW later posted some stuff on facebook and another place and the dd of the owner called and reamed her out, so she removed her fb posts, and said why.

I said I didn't like the reason why she was removing her posts and was told by some person I have no idea who that.

I should use posts to build and lift people up and in CAPS 'GOD IS WATCHING YOU AND LISTENING TO YOU'

To which I responded that I will say anything I damn well please and could care less who or what is watching me.

I know that God, if he or she exists, probably at this particular moment is NOT looking at me considering all the much more better looking people out there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 10:18AM

he aint watching and listening to what we do in our daily lives! its just a way for people to feel superior towards others!! like they know what god is doing a any particular moment!! arrogance!! sheesh!! good luck with that BTW ...maybe your business will pickup!! :)

Posted by: apostateepiscopalian ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 10:24AM

To quote Tom Waites: God's away on business.

God is not concerened with our lives. It's work here is done.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 10:29AM

...but honestly, I don't think that this was the best idea. If the center needed to be shut down immediately, officials would contact the parents directly and they would maintain custody of the kids until the parents arrived. Plus, feelings are bound to be running high between the owner and his/her family, and I wouldn't want to get in the middle of that during such a highly charged time.

If it were me, I'd drop the matter entirely.

Some people who work with children and youth do the dumbest things (selling drugs, having sex with minors, etc.) These instances never fail to amaze me.

Posted by: dogzilla ( )
Date: November 17, 2011 01:56PM

That wasn't really a threat. Just a feeble attempt at manipulation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.