Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RAG ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 08:24AM

"Resentment is poison. It will eat away at you from the inside out. Resentment can ultimately kill you. In my opinion, resentment is far more scary and dangerous than anger. Resentment turns us into human pressure-cookers. Once you express your anger, you expel the pressure within you and it quickly passes. Resentment can fester for a lifetime and it’s a miserable way to live."

Dr Tara J. Palmatier, PsyD

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: December 11, 2011 03:07PM

Excellent quote and so true.

Another quote:
"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel.
Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free."
Catherine Ponder

In the process of leaving Mormonism, (the LDS Church) and it's belief system aka the tribe..... it's important, in my experience anyhow, to get past resentment, and anger and gain your personal freedom. It's about taking your power back and owning it.

If we give our power away as in dwelling in resentment and anger, we are a pawn that cannot live in the moment, the present. We are stuck in a negative, past which never can bring happiness and freedom. We are forever connected by a negative emotional bond/attachment to past experiences.

Total joy, happiness, contentment has, in my experience, no regrets and no anger, resentments, or other negative emotions.
It's been my goal to get past them: feel them, then let them go as they are self-sabotage!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.