Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 05:20PM

For a long time I honestly thought I'd go to BYU...as of last May, that was definitely the plan. But today I can happily say that I will NOT be going to BYU... but I did get accepted into a great college close to home, where I can even wear skinny jeans!!lol:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 05:24PM

Congratulations! Work hard, have fun, build some great memories for when you get old like me.

Stay away from RM's! lol

Date: December 22, 2011 05:34PM

Awe, thanks Mia!! There are definitely VERY minimal amounts of RM's where I'm from so that'll be no problem!! I'll stick to the metal heads:)

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 07:51PM

Congrats ajhart! Glad to hear the good news :D
My daughter is heading off to UC Berkeley in January; I'll have to find out if there are any RfMers there.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 08:11PM

Date: December 22, 2011 08:58PM

Thanks ladies!!:) Congrats for your daughter too intellectual! That's an awesome school!

Posted by: michael ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:03PM

Good for you! If not prying, where ya goin'?

Posted by: DebbiePA ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 09:17PM

Congrats!! I wish you a great education, lots of new friends and amazing experiences.

My second daughter went to a Lutheran-affiliated liberal arts college because of its great music program (we live in the northeast). She was the last of my kids to still hold on to church teachings. One semester she came home and informed me she "didn't think she wanted to be a Mormon any more." Her reasons? She took a comparative religions course and her eyes were opened to what other churches taught and also she heard from somebody besides Mom what the Mormons really taught. What blew her away was the information about "reparative therapy" they did at BYU. She has lots of gay friends and knew they were not in need of repair! After that, she was done with the church. Yay college!

Posted by: wittyname ( )
Date: December 22, 2011 11:57PM

Congrats! Have fun and study something that moves you.

Posted by: tiptoes ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 12:10AM

That is great! I will think of you every time I wear my skinny jeans! (I am way older than you for sure) ;)

Posted by: sam ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 01:15AM

Congratulations!!! I hope you have a wonderful experience!!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 06:16AM

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:05AM

Many of us who don't comment much are following your story and rooting for you - all over the world (I'm in Paris, France, for example ;-)

A Happy Whatever to you and all my Ex-Mormon friends (you may not know it but I consider the majority of you my friends).

Best wishes to everyone for a prosperous 2011 - H E double toothpicks, I've decided to be an optimist!

Tom

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:21AM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:49AM

Congratulations. How is that going over at home?????

Date: December 23, 2011 02:49PM

Thank you guys so much!! You're all so sweet:) Debbie, that's awesome, I'm so happy for your daughter!! And Tom, that is so sweet! It's so cool knowing I have friends all over the globe- I too consider a lot of people on here my friends. I do love Paris by the way! My family that I live with are all so excited- they are all ex or nevemo's so they are thrilled...my TBM mom doesn't know and I don't really plan on telling her as we haven't talked since July but I'm sure she'd be incredibly disappointed that I didn't choose BYU...oh well! I'm going to school back in Canada so I doubt any of you have even heard of it but it's a nice little college with a great reputation, not sure about the football team though Jon! Not gonna lie, it probably sucks. But I think their hockey team is good;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.