Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 06:27AM

This is a funny sub line, but when my brother turned 13, our childhood of climbing trees, picking berries, and outdoor fun times ended. I was 11 at the time.

His bedroom door was before mine so I passed by it regularly.

I stopped by as I usually did. He couldn't play. He told me that I would not understand. I told him that I would understand if he would explain it to me. He shook his head and for the first time in my little existence, he asked me to leave his room.

My father then entered my room and told me that I now needed to leave my brother alone. I was heartbroken. We lived in the country. He was the only relative and friend that we had for miles.

I checked out stacks of books when I went to the library. It filled the void.

Puberty... isn't it all about growing up and no longer climbing trees with your little sister?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sandie ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 06:50AM

Many stories of growing up have been popping from my memory bank. I really should have posted this on FB instead. I'll head that direction.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:05AM

I hope so. There's nothing better than being all grown up and having a great brother (or sister).

Date: December 23, 2011 05:15PM

Sadly, we live across the country from one another. We have a fun old barn worth exploring.

Ah... fun times and memories!

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:18AM

This has the makings of a great short story. Just add some more details about the lead up and how it made you feel, then provide some info on your relationship today, and what made this memory pop up today. I'd like to read that.

Date: December 23, 2011 05:12PM

Hi Jon1,

I wrote the story. It is 5.5 pages and a little too personal to post, but thank you for the desire to read my story.

Sandie

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:38AM

He probably got caught masturbating, and was being punished by being not allowed to climb any more trees. They probably just didn't ever tell you that was why, even years later, because the M-word is so shameful.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: December 23, 2011 11:49AM

discovered climbing trees "felt different down there" after puberty and he didn't want his baby sister to see him rubbing the bark against the grain.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.