Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:54PM

Yeah, I said it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 08:22PM by Susan I/S.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 07:57PM

Date: November 20, 2010 08:00PM

*clap*, jump, do a jig. :)

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 08:09PM

about people not having turkeys for Thanksgiving and food banks in desperate need of food. The church is investing in property with their money instead of helping the poor and starving.

So yes, evil. I couldn't agree more.

Posted by: melissa3839 ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 10:12PM

Every country, even the poor ones, has a food tradition on a certain holiday.

I think as long as you are voting for causes you believe in with domestic matters, and even donating to cherity whenever you can, volunteering for chaarity, or helping random people when they need it-- its ok to establish various little happy family/friend traditions in your own life.

Even the poor will spend what little money they can scrape up, or contribute what little food they can find to a special tradition or holiday.

But yes, the chruch could spend the tithe payers money on better things besides a shopping mall, and big, fancy temples. why can't they do like the Native americans do, and simply pick out big, beautiful places of nature to be sacred, and perform their special rituals? Why can't they just build a tent there to keep the rituals private from the public eye? Why do they have to build these milti-million dollar temples??? Its vanity!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 10:19PM by melissa3839.

Posted by: NoToJoe ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 10:03AM

3,000,000,000 / $25 = 120 MILLION TURKEYS.....nobody in the western hemisphere would go hungry on turkey day.

OR.....we can have new tile and paint for Macy's and Nordstrom in the exact same place where the old Macy's and Nordstrom were.

Its like trading in your 4 bedroom house for a new 5 bedroom house and having to fork over 3 gazillion dollars (in addition to the old house) just so you can have the extra bedroom and new cabinets. It will be shinny and new (for 5 years anyway) but it was a poor poor economic decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 10:04AM by NoToJoe.

Date: November 20, 2010 08:13PM

Right on! No food for the poor, but malls for the rich fat white turds in SLC!

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 08:19PM

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 20, 2010 09:50PM

And they wonder why some exmo's are so damn mad. We see the hypocricy in the morg,where the members don't have a clue.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 07:19AM

and I know the leaders do not believe in God or else they would be worried about judgment day, for using God in a con, all the lies they tell and the lives they harm with this lie.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 09:38AM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 21, 2010 09:09PM

Posted by: lazybones ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 11:16AM

In school, all his peers wanted to go to BYU, and I got tired of him talking about going to BYU...so I taught him, when asked "What's BYU?", he answers "Evil" - and with this great grin on his face.

My mother (still TBM) did *NOT* approve.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: November 22, 2010 12:15PM

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 05:10AM

Try not to be too critical. I have many a family member Whom I love that are still TBM. The church is an instrument - it can be used for good or evil. It depends on who's using it and how it's used.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.