Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:23AM

Mormonism 101

Anything mormon is good, but anything or anyone nonmormon is bad, even nonmormon Christianity.

Disclaimer: If a nonmormon or inactive shows an interest in mormonism, then that is good.

Also any historical thing mormon must be spun to appear good, noble and a sacrifice. (rather than the stupid, irresponsible or dangerous blunder that it was)

Any fact not appearing favorable to mormonism, must be discredited by calling it an anti mormon lie, initiated by satan.

As a result of this, mormons have been indoctrinated to get a high when they do anything specifically mormon. It is an addiction, like any other addiction. In the performance based cult, you get an ego boost when you appear devoted to mormonism.

Those that are active are good (even if they aren't), those that leave or are less active are bad. Acting tbm as soon as your walk through the church doors, makes you appear good, even if you are a pr*ck or a b*tch.

Here is a recent example of my tbm bro. I get a text that he has tickets to a Leafs game next month, would I like to go. I get all excited and say yes. Toronto is 2 hours away. Later that day he texts me saying that that day he is going to do temple baptisms with the youth before the game, lets work out details. WTF? So I'm supposed to hang out for hours at the temple just to see a hockey game? Why can't mormons have fun without involving mormonism?

All conversations, all holidays, all social activities, all friends must involve mormonism. A recent example with my rm ultra tbm son. I play badminton at the St Centre every week. My son only plays when he invites a nonmember friend (a potential missionary opportunity)

If you are married to an ultra tbm, and you are not as totally and equally committed for whatever reason, you probably will evertually get divorced, as in their mind, you only get blessed if you are completely and totally committed to mormonism. You see, they love the church more than they could ever love a human with flaws.

You must hero worship the leaders because they CLAIM that they are inspired. You must run to them with your problems and never say no to them.

You must never think for yourself because the leaders have done all the thinking and you must just obey.

As your tbm kids grow in mormonism, you will feel sick to your stomach as they make stupid mormon based decisions that benifit the cult at their expense.

Mormon leadership doesn't care about anything or anybody else except mormonism. Any small charitable thing they do is just so they can con the members that they do charitable things, but it is a minimum amount as a percentage of the billions they extort from members.

Any more?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:32AM

Kind of like the way you must be careful with kids, cats, and crazy people.

You must not get into a discussion that presents your point of view. You must not challenge their assumptions. You must not speak negatively or questioningly about any aspect of their church.

Date: November 23, 2010 10:44AM

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 10:56AM

I like this part:
Any fact not appearing favorable to mormonism, must be discredited by calling it an anti mormon lie, initiated by satan.

Yep. This is especially true for those facts that are a part of mormonisms vast history and library of embarrasing words and deeds. Those who recount the words written by the prophets, and the deeds faithfully recorded, are under the satans power.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: November 23, 2010 11:09AM

If todays prophet says apples are blue, you will do well to believe him. Heavenly Father will withdraw his spirit from those who believe apples are red.

In the future, when apples are known to be red, the church will deny the blue apple statements, and even those who remember will do well to forget them, lest Heavenly Father withdraw his spirit from them.

Date: November 23, 2010 11:18AM

If JS said that apples are blue, then all the other subsequent prophets agree that apples are blue, not because of personal revelation, but because they believe that JS was a true prophet and they believe him.

No other prophet has claimed any revelation to back up JS revelations, they believe just because JS said so.

Also they claim to be prophets, seers and revelators without prophesying, seeing or revealing anything.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:26AM

...two hours waiting for bro at the temple = a 'Leafs game...

...hmmm.........you're right, not worth it.

*Any* other game, well...I'd baptize the dead all afternoon for tickets....

Human
(GoFlamesGo!)

Good post, by the way. It reminds me of soooo many manipulations my family and I have been through since leaving 10 or more years ago.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:36AM

Any questions ?

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:41AM

None.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:48AM

You certainly have them pegged. I'd also add that you have to be grateful for anything they do for you - no matter how ill-advised or hurtful - or YOU are an anti-Mormon, unkind, angry and don't have the spirit with you. Their good intentions are always GOOD. No exceptions. No matter who you are or what is really good for you. If they think they are doing good, being kind, giving service, saving your soul...then they ARE good. If you don't appreciate their goodness, there is something wrong with you. Any objection is just mean of you.

PS: Glad you are posting more again, 6 iron. I've missed your posts because they always makes such sense.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 11:11AM

No, yours pretty much sums it up. Can't think of anymore good ones.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: November 24, 2010 12:57PM

After talking to my husband and confronting him with unappetizing ex Mormon questions such as "What if JS is a liar and a cheat?" he says to me "I am worried for your mental health. You just get worse and worse." Hahaha! He wishes. I have never been more sane in my life. He tries to pull the angle that I am depressed and sad now that I left. So crazy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.