Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 05:07AM

HOW DIANA HAS BEEN BAPTISED A MORMON
It sounds bizarre, but the Mormons 'converted' her AFTER she died - along with Anne Frank and even Hitler. No wonder Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is playing down his links to the controversial church:

Then: a huge picture of our darling Princess and two page spread detailing all the weird stuff, including Warren Jeffs and .... OMG - this is going to get messy over here for the mishies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107396/How-Diana-baptised-Mormon.html

Briggy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Levi ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 05:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 05:28AM by Levi.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 08:33AM

Love it...you and your bucket of popcorn! I think this is so great. It is what is needed. EXPOSURE!!!!

Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:47AM

Is it too late to invest in popcorn futures?

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 05:27AM

Posted by: miner8 ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 07:28AM

Obviously they have some kind of "right" to do these offensive things. However the real question of rights is: Do they have the right to complain about other people finding out? Do they have the right to whine about people disliking them or feeling the LDS church is weird over this? Do they have the right to make an organized attempt to silence people who inform other people that this is going on? The answer to the later 3 is a resounding, "hell no". And when the later 3 rights are properly allowed, the former 1 right becomes a meaningless humiliation for the LDS church. After all, what is more on these peoples' minds-saving people or looking good to the public in order to feed more milk to the potential converts?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 05:35AM

The Mormon church could easily put procedures and consequences in place to ensure that church members only dead-dunk their own direct ancestors. Yet the church does not do this. Why?

Because the church just.does.not.get how offensive this is to many other people. Church leaders don't get it and they don't care to get it. Other people with other points of view don't matter to them.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 05:59AM

Even if mos would baptize only their own ancestors it wouldn't help much, as those ancestors are probably as near relatives to a bunch of non-mos who don't like the idea.

I started doing genealogy only after having left the morg and was irritated finding ancestors in IGI cards, some many times over.

They'd have to ask ALL descendants first, and that's just not possible.

I think they should just arrange ONE ceremony for ALL dead people in the world, no names, no dates. And get it done once and for all.

Posted by: Elaine Dalton ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 06:11AM

I just posted this link on my wall, and I got a response along the lines of "You have a choice whether to accept the work that's been done for you or not."
I'd never thought about this before...I think it's a good point, but I still think it's disrespectful.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 07:34AM

The BS about how people who are dead dunked have a "choice" to accept the work done for them is also offensive. If a bunch of people who belonged to a different church suddenly did something similar to dead Mormons, you bet some serious hell would be raised. Because Mormons think they belong to the "one true church", there's no need to do any "work" for them after they've died, right? It would offend them on many levels to think that anyone would consider their choice of religious beliefs wrong. So when they "dead dunk" non-Mormons and excuse themselves by saying the dead person can choose to reject Mormonism, their explanation really comes off as disingenuous. We all know they think they belong to the only "true" church and anyone who rejects it will end up regretting it.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:25AM

You are so right. If the table were turned oh my!

Posted by: Strykary ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 12:50PM

No, it isn't. Dead dunking is egregiously offensive and there is no excuse or rationale in the world that could make it otherwise.

knotheadusc is right on the money. If a religious organization began a similar practice on Mormons TSCC would raise hell about it.

Date: February 28, 2012 06:38AM

Furthermore, if by some godforsaken miracle Romney becomes POTUS, it will be interesting to see how he conducts himself during the usual Presidential visits to Europe.

I've no doubt Her Majesty will not be amused either.

What a mess.

Mormons have probably managed to gravely upset a huge part of our population over here and for this alone, Romney would be better to stay that side of the pond.

Briggy

Posted by: Think about this ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:16AM

It would be undignified for the princes or any other member of the royal family to whine about this. And the royals are not in a position to express their personal feelings about everything. They will not make a statement, or if they do, it will be evasive and meaningless.

Date: February 28, 2012 09:57AM

Earl Spencer is the one to watch. He's fiercely protective of his sister's memory.

Briggy

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 06:52AM

Briggy, you are awesome! I was just over peeking at Lawrence O'Donnell's political blog (hey, if politics aren't permitted here, I gotta get my fix somewhere), and a very proper British ex-pat was reading Lawrence the riot act for featuring Stephen Colbert's "proxy circumcision" piece (actually, O'Donnell only featured the first part about LDS scripture and skipped the "chop shot").

Well, I just had to do it. I had to post your link...

I was as gentle as could be with the poor chap and even suggested some brandy (for medicinal purposes of course) before he read it...

Yours in Outer Darkness,
SLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 01:49PM by SL Cabbie.

Date: February 28, 2012 07:04AM

I'm remembering how even the Royal Family were almost drummed out after Diana's death. Things did get quite dicey for them, we were close to becoming a republic, feelings ran so high.

I don't think the British public will give any quarter to a visiting mormoringmon after this expose.

Good grief! The Archbishop of Canterbury will be furious too.

So... the future Head of the Church of England, when she would have become Queen had she lived, has been mormonised. The mother of the heir to the throne has been mormonised.

Have they mormonised the Queen Mother, George, Edward, King Tut, Genghis Khan, Napoleon and King of the Zulus?

This is funny as hell for the jokers in mormonland.... but it is dreadfully insulting - how dare they!?

Briggy

Posted by: Nope ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:18AM

Charles would have been. It's not a jointly-held position.

Date: February 28, 2012 10:11AM

As far as I'm concerned, she'd have made a better 'head' of anything than her husband but that's another discussion.

But yes, you are right. We have to have all the i's dotted and t's crossed now don't we?

Are you still in the cult?

Briggy

Posted by: informer ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 11:01AM

+1! LOL!

I agree - Diana would have been a much better head of state than that wonky Charles. Prince Philip obviously dropped him on his head one too many times as a baby.

Posted by: alex71ut ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 08:21AM

Do you all know who King Adolph Hitler of the House of Israel is? The guy who has been annointed in a temple of our God (by proxy) as a King and Priest to the Most High God to rule and reign in the House of Israel forever.

Seriously, why all the furor over Hitler being necro-dunked but they totally ignore his coronation as a King in Israel ;)

Date: February 28, 2012 08:24AM

Once Charles kicks the bucket then Diana can finally become a Queen and Priestess unto the Most High God. I suppose that she and Camilla could share Charles for the eternities. All of this is possible in the Mormon temples.

Posted by: notamomo ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 10:57AM

Wow, I never realized the whole tribe of Israel thing Mormons think they are a part of. The fact that they dead-dunked Hitler means he will be king of the very house of Israel he spent his lifetime trying to exterminate.

This pisses me off far more than Mo-mos dead-dunking Holocaust victims.

Date: February 28, 2012 01:30PM

It wasn't the necro dunking that makes Brother Hitler a King and a Priest to the Most High God in the House of Israel. Brother H had to first get necro dunked, then necro confirmed, then necro ordained to the Melchizedek Priesthood, and then finally necro washed & necro annointed to his kingship.

I say these things in the name of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Posted by: Dallin A. Chokes ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 12:37PM

All the Führer? Pun intended, I'm sure. :)

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 08:41AM

I think this is one reason why dead-dunking has hit a nerve with many people. Mormons can have their crazy beliefs, magical underwear, and temple rituals. But, leave my beloved and dead relatives out of such nonsense! To say the dead can accept or reject the baptism shows the church's arrogance and ignorance. I hope this issue continues to get more traction.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 08:47AM

I wonder who would be the most outrageous example of a dead dunking. Seems like Hitler or Ghandi would be right up there. Beloved Diana is making news.

Is there anyone else who would cause such outrage that LDS Inc would finally have to stop the insanity?

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 08:58AM

I hope the s.hit is really hitting the fan at the CAB, har har har! This will be one helluva PR nightmare, bwaa haa haa! :-D

Posted by: Can't Resist ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:45AM

Mother Teresa been done yet?

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 11:01AM

Mother Teresa's a nun.
She's never been done.

Posted by: Can't Resist ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:46AM

She could be a saint before she's a saint. Weird.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 09:46AM

And thanks to Briggy for posting this article, the most comprehensive one I've seen so far on the subject of the Cult's secretive temple work done for those who do NOT want it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2012 09:46AM by WiserWomanNow.

Date: February 28, 2012 09:50AM

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 10:02AM

I love seeing my faith in journalists paying off. But honestly, I thought it would be something else. I didn't think the media would get their collective knickers in a twist about dead dunking when there are so many other, more ridiculous things in Mormonism. Maybe it's because it's an insult to non-LDS whereas most of Mormonism is an insult to the intelligence of Mormons.

And the Royal family can't make a public statement about Mormonism but they just need to make a few of the right statements in the right places in private to cause a mess for Mormonism in Britain. I have a friend who is leaving for a senior mission in Britain in a couple of weeks. I'll bet she is going to have a time of it. She used to work for the COB back in the 90s before she moved and still seems very naive about her church and how it's viewed in the world.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 10:51AM

Tolerating a group's weird religious practices, while those practices are limited to those within the group, is one thing. But when the group extends its creepy practices onto those OUTSIDE the group--and ignores (or gives mere lip service to) all protests against this invasive behavior--it is another matter entirely.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 10:15AM

As far as I know, the temple work is being done routinely by the Mormon church for every member of a royal line.

At least that's what I was told when I did my own genealogy.

Posted by: ThinkingOutLoud ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 10:40AM

I always figured this would be one of the big ones, of the many issues that would/could rile up my fellow NeverMos.

This, or if the rumors could be confirmed that group baptisms of unwilling kids, with their parents unaware, took place in the LDS church. Scenario: kids were invited to a pool party, and were baptised as Mormons by missionaries or church elders enmasse while they were int he water playing, totally unaware that this practice was taking place. If any former or current LDS members could enlighten me on that one, I'd be very interested in that information.

It sure as hell riled me up, when I found out it had been done to my neverMo grandma. I am an atheist, and could care less what someone else believes---as long as whatever their beliefs are, are kept among those believers, and they leave me out of it.

But a belief is not an act. Once they act, and it affects me or mine, it no longer is just between those believers anymore. And if they feel strongly they have the right to do the act, I feel I have the right to object just as strongly to its being done.

I don't care what anyone says about it and why it means what it means to a person in the LDS faith: none of them are me, or my grandmother. They did not know her or her wishes.

Not one of my ancestors, cousins, second or third cousins or any of their descendants has ever been Mormon. Nor have any of them wanted to be.

My grandmother was a very devout lady, and she chose her faith when she married into it and brought her kids up in it and asked to (and was) buried in it, too.

I'll say it the way only Sheldon (from The Big Bang) could:

Keep your mitts off my meemaw!!!!

Date: February 28, 2012 10:55AM

Desperate to be anything but the (mostly) plebeian people they are IRL, Mormons grasp at any connection they can make to celebrity, wealth, royalty. If their missionaries can't get an audience with the King, the Queen, the Prince, etc., in order to convert them in this life, they will just dead-dunk 'em and have that audience in the imaginary next life...It is rather pathetic when seen from that point of view, isn't it?

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 10:59AM

Damn! I sure do wish Romney & his sons weren't so CUTE! I could forgive them for being Republican.

Almost.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 12:39PM

If this keeps up, my Schadenfreude Meter is going to be permanently pegged to red!

Posted by: just curious ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 01:14PM

You know, I have a recipe for schadenfreude pie. I should post it sometime.

One of these days, when I get a little extra time, I'll write about my discussions with the missionaries in the early 1990's before the internets.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 01:23PM

Mitt has caused the Church to be looked into. They just can't give out sanitized press releases any more and count on the media parroting the party line: "fastest growing church . . . family oriented . . . " etc.

Now the WEIRD parts start coming out and the way the Mormons squeal like stuck pigs only underlines the weirdness for the rest of the world. One of the strange aspects of Mormonism is not being able to realize how strange Mormonism really is.

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 01:37PM

Cmon now, Do these morgbots really think that they are going to "win" over the church of England? I really dont think so! Damn TBM Dumb-Asses!

Posted by: OnceMore ( )
Date: February 28, 2012 01:51PM

As has happened following the publication of similar necrodunking articles, mormons are saying that Helen Radkey can't be trusted. I guess they think she is lying.

It's a good thing she routinely saves screen grabs of the proxy ordinances.

Nevertheless, it would be helpful if others would back Helen Radkey up. Those who still have access to the data could act as witnesses to back up Helen's claims.

Of course, the LDS Sneaky Leaders continue to do things like removing, or making unavailable, records for people like Gandi. First he's dead dunked, (probably multiple times), and "confirmed" etc. ... then Helen reports the dead dunking, and she provides screen grabs to reporters. But, lo, when someone else checks the record, no Gandi to be seen.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.