Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:07AM

Come to find out, my husbands new boss is exmo. He and his family just left the church, but had been unbelievers for a while. The wife approached me privately and when she first said - "I hear your family is LDS..." my first thought was crap, not another Mormon, then I quickly said that I wasn't anymore, but my husband was. She told me that her and her family just left the church and her parents don't even know. We instantly hit it off. She then introduced me to her husband and he was super cool. At that point my husband had no idea - until the topic of church came up.
They came out as exmos to my husband, and DH took it better than I thought. When we spoke privately he said it didn't surprise him because "lots of service members leave the church." I could tell he was being smug on the inside - separating the wheat from the tares in his opinion. 

Later in the evening I met up with another co-workers wife that I'm friends with on FB, but had actually never met in real life. She came out and told me she and her DH were exmos that left the church years ago. They seemed completely "recovered" because she said she forgot to mention it. Apparently, a mutual friend (who is LDS) told her about me leaving the church. I'm glad our friend did.

I'm on cloud 9 right now that I have 2 FAMILIES that are exmo that I can talk to, and with them being local military, there's even more of a bond. 

Best work party ever!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:11AM

That is fabulous. How cool! Did you say you are all active military families?

Posted by: exmollymo ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:12AM

Yeah, all the husbands are active duty military. All the wives are homemakers.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 01, 2012 10:11AM

An exmo bond is a strong one!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.