Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dino ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 11:54PM

I was looking at thechive, http://thechive.com/2010/11/30/i-believe-you-can-fly-22-photos/ and saw this picture, it has got to be the MTC, those rooms are hard to mistake. I'd nearly forgotten what they were like, but this picture brought the image of them back in full force, with many terrible memories. I wasn't sure I was cut our for a mission in the MTC, but I went through with it thinking that I was just homesick, nervous, and that I would "find" my testimony on my mission. My brother always told me "If you convert no one but yourself, your mission was a success." In that sense I failed. But I was successful because I started thinking for myself and because of the experiences, I'm now exmo (almost, still have to submit the paperwork) Anyway, I hated the MTC, it was one of the worst experiences of my mission. I grew weary of the self-righteous morgbots feeding off of each other. It was like a righteousness competition. The bastard leaders filling our heads with shit trying to inspire everyone the be the best missionary that mission has ever seen and making you feel like you were going to be a son of perdition for even thinking like a normal human being. All the mind control and manipulation that I submitted myself to makes me so mad at my tbm self. Funny story though, an elder took an ice cream sandwich from the dining area in his suit coat, hung his coat up during class, and found the sandwich two hours later dripping through his coat all over the floor. Back to the picture, suppose the morgbot is in his g's or has a white t-shirt on? I'm going for g's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 11:56PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2010 11:57PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: archaicoctober ( )
Date: November 30, 2010 11:58PM

Photos of the garmies are a big no-no in Mormonism too!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.