Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: confusedinid ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:56AM

Hello to everyone....this is my first post. Glad to have found this site. I haven't memorized all the abbreviations yet....but I was born and raised in the church. Baptized at 8 married at 18 after dating hubby for one year. Married in temple. Went that onetime.....and never again. have many questions regarding temple rituals, polygamy, the afterlife, etc. have enjoyed reading your posts so far....I have found many similarities to my life. Thanks in advance for any info/advice you have to share...
Confused in ID

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 02:58AM

We welcome you.

Here is the list of abbreviations ...
http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/abbreviations

Posted by: lostbagle ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:03AM

I am new to the board as well, just found it this past week. I have been readinf Mormon exit stories and have read Mormonthink.org. I have learned so much, and the amount of information that the church does not tell you about its history is truly astonishing. I have been blown aaway. I am still a little lost, but hopefully can figure things out little by little. I hear it takes a lot of time.

We are all in this together.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:19AM

And, the amount of information the church does not tell you about its doctrines or its practices is also astonishing. The leaders do NOT want members to be in a position to make an informed choice!

Prepare yourself. There are a lot of shocking things which have happened in the church that have been successfully covered up! Keep reading this board, and you will find out about them.

Welcome, confusedinid!

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:06AM

Both of you hang tight and just keep breathing. Life gets a lot richer from this point forward.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:06AM

Welcome....at one point did you begin to have doubts...are you sorry you married so young and did you feel pressure to marry? I can surely understand why you only went that one time to the temple.You will have many here who can answer your questions.

I am a nevermo who had a daugther who converted much to my dismay. Is your hubby a doubter too? Just keep learning and you will know what path the rest of your life should take. And remember on this site there are many individuals that give up religion altogether and some who find what they need in a mainstream church. I am of the latter group. YOU may need to do some comparison shopping to see other churches if you still believe in God. Don't let others tell you what to do...you make that decision on your own.

Date: April 03, 2012 03:33AM

I don't "regret" getting married so young.. I love my DH so much. We have been married almost 16 years. However, I do wish we would have done things our way!!! We are both the oldest in our families and it was "expected" that we marry in the temple. There was no choice in the matter. I never Felt pressure to get married.,..my dad always said I was too young and that he thought I wouldn't finish college (which I did). I feel so "cheated" regarding my wedding day. I had no prep class. I knew nothing about what was going to happen on my wedding day. My hubby feels the same way Ido...betrayed. ....his dad tried to "pay" him to go on a mission....we have many issues.lol
Thanks for the support. This site is great!!!

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 03:47AM

Welcome Aboard! Your lives have begin anew! You get to make your own decisions. Feels good doesn't it? Glad to have you here and keep reading......get in touch with Utah Lighthouse Ministry - Sandra Tanner owns it. They have a monthly newsletter which is free and contains tons of info. If you are in SLC, go to their store on West Temple. Anyway, they tell the truth without being unkind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 03:49AM by enoughenoch19.

Date: April 03, 2012 04:17AM

Thanks.... For the info about the ministry going to check it out now!!!

Posted by: mothermayeye ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 10:39AM

Welcome newbies! :-) I've had one foot out of TSCC (the so called church) but figured (hoped?) at least some of it was true. Only in december did I allow myself to seek out and research the whole truth and when I did it only took Minutes to realize I was a member of a big fat fraud!!! Now that im out, everything about that church is so easy to see for what it really is. Imo. (In my opinion). But we welcome you here and would LOVE to hear your insights and comments. :-)

This site has been a huge support and very informational for me. :-)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 10:44AM

Let me just "warn" you--so that you aren't shocked by the board. I see a lot of people come here and are shocked by the raw anger that comes out here at times. I was shocked, too. Many people go to postmormon because they find this board too rough.

I like the rawness of it--and it has helped me in HUGE ways to deal with my issues with mormonism. So--hang on for the ride. It can get quite interesting here and don't take anything too personally.

Posted by: sdee ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:33AM

+1

This is a good place to get leads on historical information, but not necessarily to get the raw info.

When I first got to this site, I thought "These people all just got offended by something that happened locally. Their anger is misdirected."

Now I realize that these "local" things happen on a bigger scale than they should, and one of the great purposes that this site serves is to be a sounding board for those who've been affected.

And we've all been affected, on some level. There's more than one way to say things. You can say "I feel that the Church hasn't been honest with its members and I no longer believe in it," or you can say "The Church LIED to me, it's a bunch of bullshit, and I'm DONE."

This is where you can skip being polite and say the latter, hopefully without being judged.

With that in mind, though - we're all giving our own perspectives on the history. I'm confused by how anyone can look at all the history, doctrinal changes, etc. and not come to the same frustrated/angry/confused conclusions about how the Church has presented things, but regardless - we are definitely not an unbiased source of information.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:39AM

Welcome to a new richer more well rounded life.

I started studying in July of 2011. In November Me, my husband, and my two adult children all resigned.

It was like taking a rock out of our shoe. We no longer are limping along and trying to talk ourselves into being okay with it. We did the logical thing, we identified what the irritation was, and removed it. Life is a much better fit.

Let me add that I was born in the church 58 years ago. My husband was a convert of 20 years, and my children were baptized at ages 8 and 9. I also have a stepson who was baptized at age 8. He's still in, and very upset with the rest of us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2012 11:42AM by Mia.

Posted by: Darksparks ( )
Date: April 03, 2012 11:49AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.