Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Calypso ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 04:46PM

I received it a few weeks ago, and it said the local bishop would be contacting me- no one has contacted me and I just want the final letter! I know that technically I'm out, since they obviously received my email but I want it to be official on their end, meaning they actually go through with removing my name and sending that final letter. What do I have to do to make that happen? Do I have to contact the bishop?? At this point, I wouldn't even care showing up to the church here (that I've never even been to!) after church one day and telling him to take care of it...but is there a more hassle free way? I haven't even met this guy...I don't know why they think it's a local matter...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 04:59PM

I was never contacted by anyone, and got my letter a few months later.

Date: April 05, 2012 04:59PM

Good stuff, thanks guys :)

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 05:16PM

Your bishop may contact you, though that seems to be getting increasingly rare, and if he does, it will most likely be a letter or phone call. Should you hear from the bish, you can dismiss him by simply telling him you have indeed resigned from his church. Or you can simply ignore him. Either way, you will get your final letter in 60 days or less.

If you don't get your final letter in 60 days, call Member Records, and they will take care of it. They are actually pretty good about that, and they don't often "lose the paperwork" in any case these days.

Bishops used to "lose the paperwork" often enough, that Member Records finally cut them out of the loop. If Member Records doesn't hear back from the bishop in 60 days, they issue the final letter without waiting any longer for the bish to respond.

Posted by: snb ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 05:44PM

Date: April 05, 2012 05:55PM

Hahaha way ahead of you snb:) and thanks for that info Brother of Jerry!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.