Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: romy ( )
Date: April 05, 2012 08:21PM

The doctrine we preach is the doctrine of salvation, and it is that which the Elders of this Church take to the world, and not the people of Utah.

Some of the Elders seem to be tripped up in a moment, if the wicked can find any fault with the members of this Church; but bless your souls, I would not yet have this people faultless, for the day of separation has not yet arrived. I have many a time, in this stand, dared the world to produce as mean devils as we can; we can beat them at anything. We have the greatest and smoothest liars in the world, the cunningest and most adroit thieves, and any other shade of character that you can mention.

We can pick out Elders in Israel right here who can beat the world at gambling, who can handle the cards, cut and shuffle them with the smartest rogue on the face of God's foot-stool. I can produce Elders here who can shave their smartest shavers, and take their money from them. We can beat the world at any game.

We can beat them, because we have men here that live in the light of the Lord, that have the Holy Priesthood, and hold the keys of the kingdom of God. But you may go through all the sectarian world, and you cannot find a man capable of opening the door of the kingdom of God to admit others in. We can do that. We can pray the best, preach the best, and sing the best. We are the best looking and finest set of people on the face of the earth, and they may begin any game they please, and we are on hand, and can beat them at anything they have a mind to begin. They may make sharp their two-edged swords, and I will turn out the Elders of Israel with greased feathers, and whip them to death. We are not to be beat. We expect to be stumbling block to the whole world, and a rock of offence to them.

JD 4:77, Brigham Young, November 9, 1856

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rose Park Ranger ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 12:54AM

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 02:51AM

It's a little-known fact that 57% of the world's Chess grandmasters are Mormon.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 10:59AM

That's because when you are not allowed to masturbate, you need something to distract you.

Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 10:43AM

IF the MORmONS were so capable, so glorious, so intelligent, and so serious about filling the earth with their MORmON message and Book of MORmON gospel as they claimed that they would then why didnt they stay in contact with mainstream society and preach their Glorious MORmON message and get on with gaining converts instead of running off to the isolation of Utah to keep dealing in the wife collecting perversions that Joe Smith started up with? Why didnt the MORmONS have their first million MORmON members in 1847 instead of 1947 and instead of having to get the Hell out of town because their law abiding neighbors demanded that they shape up?

WHOOPS! I GUESS I ALREADY ANSWERED THE (NOT SO MUCH OF A) QUESTION!

Its so sad that the union army did not take Brigham Young and hang his filthy porcine carcass right there in the main intersection of downtown salt lake city for all the stupid ass latter day sa(in)tans and the world to see all his TRUE MORmON glory ! or maybe they could slash Young's throat according to the LDS temple penalties and let Young do his sickening MORmON boasting through the new hole in his throat!

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 10:52AM

we can beat them at
> anything. We have the greatest and smoothest liars
> in the world, the cunningest and most adroit
> thieves, and any other shade of character that you
> can mention.
>
> We can pick out Elders in Israel right here who
> can beat the world at gambling, who can handle the
> cards, cut and shuffle them with the smartest
> rogue on the face of God's foot-stool. I can
> produce Elders here who can shave their smartest
> shavers, and take their money from them. We can
> beat the world at any game.
>
>>
> JD 4:77, Brigham Young, November 9, 1856

I too bare my Testimonkey that to this day the Mormon church still has the best liars, card sharks, cheats, and con-men on the planet! No one can top them at taking people in their time of need and tricking them into servitude and striping them of individuality and 10% + of their money.

I find it interesting he equates deception with intellegence...

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 11:02AM

Posted by: schmendrick ( )
Date: April 06, 2012 01:51PM

Someone (here, I think, but I don't know) once paralleled Mormon delusions of grandeur with those of more political authoritarian structures. Say, the USSR or North Korea. There is a certain obsession with making the biggest monuments, throwing the grandest festivals, producing the greatest minds/athletes/whatever. It's interesting.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.