Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:41AM

Our "tribe" meets once a month. Usually it's the second Sunday of the month.

We've been meeting at Panera Bread in La Habra which has worked well for us. We are there 3 to 4 hours.

However, La Habra isn't near freeways so we will discuss a new meeting place. We have travelers from Riverside, Hollywood, San Diego, Anaheim, Yorba Linda, Whittier, Long Beach and Buena Park.

Any suggestions?

Sunday was another great meeting of minds..........Some of the group had seen The Mormon Boy Triology play the day before and were inspired to share.

I'm so happy to be part of this tribe. :) It's a source of positive energy and truths.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 10:55AM by AnonyMs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: May 08, 2012 10:49AM

Posted by: Dave in Hollywood ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 02:29PM

I live in Long Beach and could probably be persuaded to attend, though Saturdays are better. As are cocktail parties. Snerk.

Posted by: AnonyMs ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 02:57PM

It's North Orange County.

And just in case you're not serious........."octo mom lives in La Habra - I thought everyone knew that & where it is, thanks to her".

Posted by: drilldoc ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 05:19PM

too many parties on Saturday night. A move to Brea might be better - near the 57. Yard house on Brea Blvd would do me good. Hair of the dog thing.

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 05:22PM

The current meeting spot is pretty well central to all those places you listed in the OP, and it is a nice place.

But if you're concerned about people not being able to reach it easily due to it's distance from the nearest freeway, with all the red traffic signals we have to deal with to get there, then I have a few suggestions to offer:

There is another Panera Bread, also on the Imperial Hwy, that's right next to the Orange Freeway (CA-57), thus making it a lot more freeway-easy. It's about a mile or two east from the one we've been meeting at, on the same (north) side of the Imp Hwy.

Or how about finding a meeting spot that's reasonably close to a freeway and right next to a train station that's served by a Metrolink line that has trains running on Sundays. The especially nice thing is that Metrolink offers "Weekend Passes" that lets people ride all the Metrolink trains they want all weekend long on just one $10 ticket. Much cheaper than gasoline!

There is a Ruby's Diner right inside the Orange Station, just north of Chapman Ave between the CA-57 and CA-55 Freeways, or there may be some nice meeting places within a block or two from the Santa Ana station, which is served by Amtrak as well as Metrolink, very close to Interstate 5 between the 4th street and 17th street exits.

I myself would come in on the Inland Empire line which goes through Orange at 10:08 and Santa Ana at 10:13. Those coming in from Oceanside's way (including San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Irvine, and Tustin) would arrive at Santa Ana at 9:37 or Orange at 9:42, a little bit too early, unless they rode the first Amtrak train after the aforementioned Metrolink schedule. Schedule pamphlets you can take home are easily available at most Stations and on board most trains.

But unfortunately, those coming in from Los Angeles' way (and Long Beach after a ride on the Blue Line light rail) would not come in until 12:35 for Orange, or 12:40 for Santa Ana, unless they rode an Amtrak train, one of which arrives at Santa Ana at 10:29 with no stop at Orange, instead of a Metrolink. Of course, driving is still an option, though I can't imagine why anyone would want to suffer that tight and hopelessly narrow stretch of Interstate 5 with its always-slow traffic between LA and Anaheim.

Posted by: george ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 07:51PM

Imperial Highway food places near the 57 Freeway might be good.
There are some at the next offramp (Lambert) as well.

Posted by: L.A.EX ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 08:43PM

I Miss you guys! Hope the tribe keeps growing!

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: May 09, 2012 11:33PM

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: May 10, 2012 12:18AM

Hey, L.A.Ex, awesome name! It's just like the three-letter code for the airport there (LAX)!

BTW: Did you know that Amtrak also uses the very same three-letter code for the Los Angeles Union Station?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.