Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Xyandro ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 06:56PM

As a gay guy, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to those who are driving down CFA's bottom line by boycotting them. In the end, the main thing a company cares about is money.

To those still willing to patronize them but who really do support gay marriage and will vote accordingly: thanks, I'll take what I can get.

To any who don't support gay marriage: I don't support yours either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 06:59PM

What if instead of boycotting them completely, I only eat there one day a week? That's already a two/third drop in what I was giving them.

Just kidding, boycotting them completely, but it is hard. They are right next door to work, and I love chicken. On the bright side, I might loose some weight during their protest.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:01PM

It's pretty good and only $3.29, I think.

Posted by: Samantha Baker ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:01PM

You are welcome. :). I have to admit though, I've been craving that dumb sandwich! But, I've been strong. I even posted on their FB page after they came out with their statement about staying out of politics. I told them, "Too Late!"

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:02PM

Such actions do indeed work.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:05PM

I am boycotting too.

KFC has an "Original Recipe" Sandwich that is very similar to CFA. As is their "Original Recipe" Bites close to CFA nuggets.

I have yet to find a suitable substitution for their sweet tea as it was awesome, but I will not partake. (I used to feel so rebellious when I was mormon and every once in awhile I'd get a sweet tea from there)

Posted by: scooter ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:14PM

those wonderful, wonderful sandwiches are simply not for sale in NYC.

But will have to take a pass when and if I'm ever back in ETex.

Good thing they got brisket, catfish, meskin and chicken fried steak.

Posted by: kestrafinn (not logged in) ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:07PM

A boycott on one's principles is good action, regardless of what anyone else thinks about it.

Do they have the right to express their opinions? Yes. But I have the right to express mine, and also to speak with my wallet.

Marriage is a right. Doesn't matter the sexual orientation of the participants. You want to announce to the world that you're a legal family unit? Good for you. Sign here, and we'll celebrate!

Posted by: Tristan-Powerslave ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:08PM

Date: July 27, 2012 07:09PM

Yes

Date: July 27, 2012 07:23PM

Woohoo! Awesome!

Posted by: cecil0812 ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:19PM

I would be boycotting them if there was one within a thousands miles of me :)

Truthfully, even when one was close, I didn't go there much. I did enjoy it but just never went there.

I'm definitely not going there now though!

Posted by: nejulie ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:25PM

why does their chicken have to be so delicious? It's deep-fried in hate! Grrrr.

I'm choosing to not eat there - and it sucks because my kids love it and the play-area is always clean.

I'm not calling it a boycott... it's just that I choose to not indirectly give my money to hate groups if I can help it.

but damn do I love their chicken.

Posted by: flyboy21 ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:27PM

It's hard to live without CFA for me. It was an addiction. It's a lot harder to give them money now. The sight of the building makes me cringe. Buh-bye CFA. Enjoy losing my per diem checks.

Date: July 27, 2012 07:31PM

Oh & I found a knock-off recipe for their honey-mustard sauce that I need a try out.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:30PM

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:31PM

I've never been there, but will make sure to continue not to go. Does that help?

Date: July 27, 2012 07:36PM

A retroactive boycott?!? I'm impressed.

Posted by: Papa ken ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:40PM

I second+ the thanks for supporting us gay folk by everyone, gay or straight or .....
It's hard for me to boycott when I'm visiting my kids & grandkids, but I will. Last time we went out for lunch, I suggested KFC, and we all liked the food. If they ever want CFA again I'll refuse to go. Wish me luck.

Date: July 27, 2012 07:46PM

I just can't eat fast food anymore though. Not even a salad from Chipotle. I eat at only local restaurants now.

Posted by: T-Bone ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 07:53PM

I don't even like CFA, but if I see one I will not eat there.

I also have a LOT of gay friends on Facebook who are boycotting, and actually speaking about this issue for the first time. Up until this one, they were just going about their lives.

Why do people think they know something about gay marriage just because they made money selling fast food? I just can't follow the logic.

T-Bone

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:15PM

I just had an idea. I want to open a knock off. It's probably just a pipe dream, but I would give some money to gay rights groups.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:23PM

If only I lived in America. Sadly over here we don't have CFA, we have marrige equality instead.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:24PM

and I went off it cold turkey as soon as I heard about this thing. I've been back on the Krystal Chiks lately-- pretty tasty. I do miss the waffle fries though. Damn.

If he had to have this attitude, I'm glad Mr. Chick-Fil-A opened his hateful mouth about it. I don't like the idea that I was unknowingly putting change in a bigot's pocket. I vote with my pennies, it might not be much, but they're mine.

Posted by: Northern_Lights ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:27PM

Most difficult boycott ever! I wrnt there every for breakfast. Spent about $4 or more a day there 6 days per week. Now I go across the street. Miss the breakfas biscuit and the salads. Oh well can't eat hate-chicken anymore.
D

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:31PM

First it was because I tried one of their sandwiches and was totally underwhelmed. Then it was because I learned the owner was a religion-on-his-sleeve überconservative. That has been common knowledge for a long time here in the South. So his opposition to gay marriage isn't news here. If anything, it's a positive selling point for most folks in the region.

Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:38PM

I had a pretty good chicken sandwich at Burger King yesterday. Will not return to CFA.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 08:50PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 09:12PM

That chain is dead to me.

I've only eaten there once, long before I knew about this. I won't go back.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 09:36PM

I've never eaten there. I had some of their sandwiches once when I volunteered somewhere, and that is what the volunteers were fed for lunch, but I've never eaten at one of their mall locations etc. I've lived near them, just never felt the urge to walk in.

Perhaps it was a prompting :)

Posted by: PeacePrincess ( )
Date: July 27, 2012 09:38PM

You're absolutely welcome, and thanks for all the wonderful support!

I myself have been boycotting Hate-Fil-A ever since all the way back to the 90's! I have already mentioned that in an earlier post about Hate-Fil-A being closed on Sundays.

I'm also boycotting McDonalds because they like to intimidate their employees into voting Republican with threats of losing their jobs if they ever vote otherwise, and Carl's Jr simply because of their kind of disturbing TV advertisements (at least all those that they used to run back in the 90's; I don't watch TV anymore, so I have no idea what their ads are like nowadays). Yet, in spite of that, luckily, there are still lots of great places to get your chicken fix.

As for the "Homemade Lemonade" that Tristan-Powerslave mentioned, In-N-Out also has great homemade pink lemonade! But admittedly, the problem with In-N-Out is that they're not everywhere. Heck, they just barely entered the Utah market only a few short years ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.