Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: shazam101 ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 09:49AM

When I opened the door this morning to water my lawn, there was a note that was actually an invitation to a going away party for three families leaving the ward this month! I was shocked. I figure they need to either move to Zion (Utah) or move to Meridian! With two of the families, the ward is taking a very big hit! Soon it will just be us senior citizens and no youth and the Goddard Ward will be absorbed into another ward....yep the TSCC is so true. Missionaries cant get new converts and people leaving in droves and families moving to where they will feel like they can be among people like them. So sad.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 10:47AM

I moved to a city in the northern Plains back in the 1970s. It had 2 wards. I left 32 years later. The city was 50% larger. There was 1 ward.

Works for me.

Posted by: shazam101 ( )
Date: August 09, 2012 12:40PM

Yeah, they just don't get it. The one couple is downsizing I am sure, but the other two are looking to move on, that I am pretty sure. Greener pastures, younger wards, greater callings. What a bunch of manure!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.