Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 04:30PM

This year, 2009 I noticed a decline in submissions to The Black Sheep Roster, one of the lists of those who want to publicly list their resignation date and reason why:

http://www.salamandersociety.com/blacksheep/

Do any of you who might be "in the know" on resignation stories at your various blogs, lists and web sites have a take on this issue.

Have we exmos harvested all of the tares from the wheat? I hope not!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Unconventional Ideas ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 04:50PM

I think people continue to switch off to Mormonism in large numbers.

They just can't be bothered to go through the formal resignation process.

I formally resigned. My wife and two kids are out as well, but not formally. They didn't resign. None of the three will ever return, but they are all still "members" on the official roster at the Mormon Church HQ.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 04:57PM

I know that when there are protests at the SLC temple there are always people there with form letters of resignation that people fill out and it gets sent in. It is doubtful that many have even heard of the salamander society or the black sheep roster.

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:02PM

I have never resigned, although my chances of ever going back to the LD$ is zero. I don't consider it an issue.

I know about the resignation process, of course..... mainly from this site..... however, I had never heard of the black sheep roster

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 05:41PM

Posted by: Madison40 ( )
Date: December 27, 2010 07:56PM

Cricket

I resigned in early 2010 but didn't think to post a post on your black sheep list. There are probably alot like me who have resigned but have not shared anything. Have you thought about doing a post to ask if there are recent resignations that might be willing to share their story?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.