Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 06:00PM

and have decided to try and preserve the "kingdom" by intensified youth brainwashing of the naive and innocent. Think about it. They've got to know Europe and North America are lost causes--there's only stubble, no white fields ready to harvest. They may get a slew of third-world converts, but few will stick with it, and tithing revenue will be negligible by TSCC standards.

So why go through the exercise, aside from tradition? You'll have the ignorant, naive, and emotionally immature laddies and ladies for two f***ing years! You can stuff their poor little minds with your bullshit, and since they're anxious, homesick, and otherwise needy and stressed out, it'll work--classic cult indoctrination and mind control.

So you've got a great chance that most of them, on their return, are solidly with the program. They'll be impervious to any information clashing with the "doctrine," whatever that happens to be. The only downside is that a lot of horny RM's marrying at 20 aren't going to do too great financially, which will cut into the tithing revenue stream.

What do y'all think?

An-18-year-old-"Elder?"-gedouddahere-ly yrs,

S

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: October 07, 2012 06:15PM

I think you are right.

Remember, the Mormon church's main source of new members is BIC BABIES! So, after the horny RM's follow orders and marry at 20, they will start cranking out more babies sooner. More babies = more members paying tithing in the future. Hell, in Primary, they made my kids pay tithing on their babysitting and paper route money. I guess they figure that a brood of 8 poor kids will in the long run pay more tithing than one or two rich kids. The kids who can afford a good education have more of a chance to experience more of life, and learn the truth. I don't know about other places, but the Mormons where I'm from have always discouraged youngsters from joining the military, because it makes them too "worldly".

No college. No military. Just the parents' house, then mission. Maybe those other things AFTER they are safely temple married, pregnant, and permanently trapped in the cult.

Posted by: schweizerkind ( )
Date: October 08, 2012 12:44PM

but I think there's a major flaw. If you're going to turn your membership into a bunch of ignorant yahoos, a la the JW's, how are you going to fill all those "callings" with competent people? And how are those poverty-stricken types going to keep up the tithing stream, let alone finance missions for their kids?

Ah-if-we-only-had-a-prophet-who-could-prophesy-ly yrs,

S

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.