Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: phoebe64 ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:05AM

Believe it or not I want to thank TSM for his "revelation" on lowering the missionary age. It has put another crack in my husband's shelf. He has talked about it constantly since it was announced. It seriously bothers him. He can't see how everyone is gushing over this as if it's a revelation straight from God when it is obvious they have been exeperimenting with it for a decade now. He sees it for the control mechanism that it is. Hurray for TSM.

I do feel for him though. It is hard when your shelf starts cracking. Until it completely falls it is very confusing and mentally exhausting. I hate that he has to go through this. I hate TSCC and the mind games it plays on people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: October 10, 2012 11:39AM

I seriously doubt Monson was in the loop on this one except to lay down cover and a smoke screen of "revelation from Jesus."

Some upcoming prophet wannabee has suggested the lowering of missionary ages and this suggestion traveled up the brown nosing lines of authority until it popped out of Monson's prophetic aura at General Conference.

In that the Morg only makes decisions/policies that are completely self serving one must suspect the real motives for inducting males at 18 and females at 19 into the missionary trap.

I suggest:

1. Desperation to retain the youth with the end result being more life long committed tithe payers.

2. Desperation to show the missionary force as maintaining robust numbers.

3. Desperation of Morg middle management types to show that they can make decisions (adjusting the deck chairs on the Titanic) that will keep the Morg alive.

4. Desperate to show the flock that token revelations do come down the pipe at least once per lifetime of each individual member.

5. Desperate to show local (Utah) universities who is "BOSS" around here. Local schools will have to make major adjustments in their enrollment and recruiting now. Thanks heaps Tommy!

6. Desperation to maintain control over the Mormon masses. "Hey, we're in charge of every detail of your personal lives so get used to it!"

Bottom line: This is like applying a tourniquet to a gushing fatal wound.

Following Monson's line of reasoning that lowering the age of missionary induction is effective:

1. If a male turns 18 prior to high school graduation, forget about graduation, get his ass out there knocking on doors now.

2. Get those females out on the mission two years earlier and get them back to the breeding bedrooms so they can increase their litters by at least two or three children during their reproductive years.

3. Come on Tommy, cut to the chase and just have eight year old boys and girls get baptized and the next weekend haul their innocent/suggestible little personas to the temple and take out their endowments. Garment sales will increase dramatically because parents will be obligated to purchase news G's every six months to a year as the little Morgbots grow up in the Gospel - literally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.