Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laurel ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 10:34PM

I am real democrat and my husband is a republican.

We cancel each others votes.

Listening to the debates are stressful!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 10:51PM

lol! I am amazed by people in a relationship like yours. Really!

Posted by: NoToJoe (unregistered) ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:25PM

I want it over.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 10:56PM

Personally I just wish we would replace the whole election cycle with a death match. A good president needs a good killer instinct.

Also, maybe we should require people to be the leader of another country first. I am hearing wonderful things about that Putin guy, and think he could work miracles over here. (Note that was sarcasm)

Posted by: ambivalent exmo ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:35PM

Ok, now that is a fantastic idea. Running Man style. Or Idiocracy. I would watch for sure!

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 07:08AM

Presidential Hunger Games?

Posted by: janebond462 ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 10:58PM

I was debating whether cleaning the litterboxes or listening to the debate would be more enjoyable. I went with watching Hoaders.

Other people's crap is less stressful than either my own crap or the country's crap. ;-)

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:13PM

My dad was a Democrat and my mom Republican.

They were the opposite of the stereotypes - my mom was very liberal and my dad conservative. They never talked politics, ever. Married over 60 years. LOL

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:15PM

If I were married to a member of the other party one of us would be dead. LOL. I can barely handle that some of my siblings and nieces belong to said party

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:28PM

My fiancee and I cancel each other's vote, but he's more moderate than any of the candidates in his party, and I'm actually registered nonpartisan. Even then, both of us are looking forward to when this election is finally over.

Posted by: canadianfriend ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:31PM

I feel exactly the same way. The good news is no more debates. The election will be here soon. But this is the stuff that makes life interesting.

Posted by: forbiddencokedrinker ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:50PM

The debates are the worse part. Most of us have already made up our minds, and we just want to watch our TV shows without have two guys who we really hate yell back and forth at each other.

Posted by: Don Bagley ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:34PM

I miss watching the world news. Everything's focused on this campaign. Does it have to dominate CNN, HLN, CNBC and FOX twenty four hours a day?

Remember when the news channels obssessed over Michael Jackson dangling his baby over the balcony? That's what this is like, a continuous baby dangle!

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:37PM

Well, at least this is important. Michael Jackson, Lindsey Lohan et al are nlt. Remember Michael JAckson's death? He got more coverage than JFK did.

Posted by: laurel ( )
Date: October 22, 2012 11:44PM

It is unbelievable that he does not understand my side! He doesn't understand why I can't see his side. How can 2 smart people have such different opinions?

We both draw the line in the sand and can't cross. The fact we live in Utah the RED state minimizes our discussions. We only get worked up over the Pres for a short time.

So I always write in my husband for Pres because the Republican always wins and my husband would do better than the republican candidate. Spouse votes for the Republican. I vote for him when the Dem wins too because they don't win in Utah. It works for me because I can always say "I didn't vote for him" when he screws up and they always do.

And life goes on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 12:01AM by laurel.

Posted by: skeptifem ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 09:49AM

laurel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is unbelievable that he does not understand my
> side! He doesn't understand why I can't see his
> side. How can 2 smart people have such different
> opinions?
>
> We both draw the line in the sand and can't cross.
> The fact we live in Utah the RED state minimizes
> our discussions. We only get worked up over the
> Pres for a short time.
>
> So I always write in my husband for Pres because
> the Republican always wins and my husband would do
> better than the republican candidate. Spouse votes
> for the Republican. I vote for him when the Dem
> wins too because they don't win in Utah. It works
> for me because I can always say "I didn't vote for
> him" when he screws up and they always do.
>
>
> And life goes on.

Why not vote 3rd party if your candidate isn't going to win anyway? If a third party candidate gets enough votes then they can apply for federal funding the next year and possibly get the country out of this two party lesser-of-two-evils mess that happens every election. You can probably find someone who represents your views exactly instead of just wanting to vote against one of the main candidates.

Posted by: Dee Lightsum ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 01:22AM

I want it to be over so badly too!!! It's torture. It feels like 2008 election never ended, just the rep candidate morphed into a different guy.
enough!!! I'm so sick of politics. It's just te same crap over and over.

And if Romney wins will we have to keep hearing about Mormon stuff? Well, it is a good thing since it brings awareness and hopefully deters potential converts and creates some exmos. But it kinda traumatizes me to have to hear the word "Mormon" mentioned on TV so much.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 09:01AM

Dee Lightsum Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But it kinda
> traumatizes me to have to hear the word "Mormon"
> mentioned on TV so much.

I know, right? Makes me a freakin' nervous wreck. And if that's not bad enough, my husband - the JACKEST of all mos - is now up on his Mormon high horse. He's got his religion and politics all jumbled up. He thinks he knows how to run the country plus how to run my personal religious life as well. Sigh.

Gawd save us from the zealots - political and otherwise.

;o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2012 09:02AM by shannon.

Posted by: Josh ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 07:29AM

Sure. 2008 feels like yesterday, and it's election time again. Four years is a too short period.

In France, it's every 5 years. (It used to be 7...)

I can't wait until it's over too.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 09:29AM

Did not replace my broken TV this year because I can't stand watching political ads on TV. I changed my phone message to say, if you're calling about the up coming election, I've already voted. No political calls since then.

What I would like to see changed is the primary process. I would love a reality TV style where the candidates are given real projects and then viewers vote on it. Some ideas might be living with a family on welfare for a week, hosting a diplomatic party, some kind of conflict resolution or compromise, and how about a question on answer test on things like geography, history, science, math and other basic subjects.

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 23, 2012 09:39AM

I agree, let it be over with.

Obama and Romney are doing a great job making people think there's an election going on but it's already gotten boring. There's not much more they can pretend to disagree about...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.