Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhoremonger ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:35AM

I'm doing a 10 shot series of photos. The idea I'm working on is:

"What if everything were as much fun as church?!"

I hope to make this into a "safe" dig at the church. There are a lot of TBM types in the class and I don't want to offend. Well, maybe just a little, but I hope to make them laugh first, then get offended when they think about it later.

Shot one = me in a white shirt and tie, maybe my arms are folded, I'm in church and bored as hell - empty vacant stare. Just like everybody in last 20 minutes of suckrament meeting.

The subsequent shots will also be me with the same bored as hell expression but I'm actually doing something that should be fun - 1. Holding my fishing pole on the bank of the river.

2. Life jacket and paddle, holding my kayak.

3. Watching the big game on TV, wearing the big foam finger etc, but obviously only going through the motions.

So what else could I be doing that isn't impossible to set up but would fit that theme? I'm also trying to come up with something for the last shot to cap it off.

Thanks in advance.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: justrob ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 11:58AM

--Seated at hooters/strip-club with one of those eye-covers people use to sleep on planes

--Awkwardly tucking a piece of white cloth (meant to look like garments) while doing some sport (swimming would be funniest, but least likely too)

--Trick or Treating: praying over candy before you eat it, or wearing a skimpy costume with garments underneath, or giving 10% of your candy to the church

--Thanksgiving: get a 12 year old to serve stuffing to each individual like the sacrament

--Maybe a juxtaposition of a drunken Bacchus wine party next to a similarly positioned group of mormons drinking out of root-beer cans.

--A wedding reception in a Gym (hard to do with setup, but if you cropped it right it could be mostly the basketball hoop and maybe your face and the bride's face & the camera is practically looking up at the ceiling)

--Another hard one- but setting up chairs before a live sporting event (best would be a big basketball arena, or a private booth overlooking the court) or taking the chairs down after the event

--Shoveling snow outside of your place of work

--Visiting a friend dressed up like home teachers with a HT partner (maybe the friend could have the foam sports hand on and be dressed in a jersey... or something to indicate a casual visit where you clash)

--Picture of an attractive young lady double-checking that she is modest in her frumpy outfit (maybe out the window a similarly attractive young lady dressed all sexy is walking by)

--Not sure how to do this one... but if New Year's Eve was on Saturday, then midnight is "the sabbath" so celebration would have to be cropped, or done early. So maybe a motherly figure pointing at a clock that says midnight, and people in party hats with noise makers in their mouths all dejectedly slinking off to bed

Posted by: John_Lyle ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 09:34PM

On the New Years Eve thing, I'd impose a shot of the ball falling in Times Square with a picture of a deserted (Well as deserted as it gets) Times Square...

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 05:02PM

Brilliant thread.

-How about a nightclub or part scene with everyone dressed in modern sexy except for one gal in a frumpy dress (denim jumper a bonus)... Maybe holding a plate of cookies instead of a drink.

-sitting at a rock concert - either same bored look or reading a triple combo

-sitting at an athletic event where everyone else is riled up and yellin with the same expression

-sex (maybe too much for your class, but I'd totally see this working outside the Morridor)

-any fast paced sport: skiing, kayaking... Bonus points if your clothes are awkward and/or uncomfortable.

-picture of dentist drilling teeth.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 05:19PM

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 05:42PM

On an amusement park ride. With ecstatic people around you.

At the movies - with 3D glasses possibly. Or other people around you wearing 3D glasses with terrified screaming faces and you with none and totally bored.

In a restaurant, wearing a bib and covered in sauce from some messy meal you Americans like to eat - ribs?

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: October 27, 2012 09:09PM

Amusement ride would be really easy. Pick one with the built-in souvneir picture camera.

Posted by: Lostmypassword ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 05:58PM

The movie - others wearing 3D glasses; you with your face in a hat.

Posted by: biblebeltbetsy ( )
Date: October 29, 2012 02:02AM

+100

Posted by: kolobian ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 05:44PM

This is one of the best ideas I've ever heard in my life.

I don't have any suggestions. I just want to see the end result.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 06:50PM

make SURE to include some (suggested) Nudity!

Posted by: Surrender Dorothy ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 10:54PM

Woman standing in classy-but-sultry pose while wearing sexy Victoria's Secret bra and panties with thigh-highs and CFM (Come Fu, errr, Fornicate Me) heels in front of her husband (you) who is sitting on the couch wearing his white shirt and tie looking at the "Deseret News" or "Ensign" while holding her garments in his hand that is stretched out towards her as if to say, "Put these back on."

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 09:39PM

Eating a cake, drinking a pint of foaming ale, tossing a child in the air, walking a dog, petting a cat, getting married in a cathedral.

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: October 26, 2012 09:49PM

Winning the lotto.

Celebrating on New Year's Eve.

Looking out over some beautiful landscape at sunrise/set.

Posted by: spanner ( )
Date: October 27, 2012 03:41AM

In a sauna with sweaty naked people. You are in garments, not sweating at all and totally bored.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 27, 2012 04:31AM

Applying mormon principles to every day life.

Pray & Pay. I like the one about praying over Halloween candy and giving 10% to the church complete with tithing slip.

Obey. Picture 1) Cross the street and stop in middle because the light is red or the cross walk hand is telling you to stop. Picture 2) Make it look like you've been run over by a car while you're stopped in the middle of the road.

Lying for the Lard. Have a tub of lard and lie about its existence.

Modesty. Take a popular magazine with pictures of woman in dresses that are sleeveless, hems above the knee or plunging neckline. Marker in the cover up. Extra points for one picture being Ann Romney.

Posted by: dk ( )
Date: October 27, 2012 04:41AM

2 canisters. 1 says donations for the poor (have change in it).
Second one says donations for shopping mall stuffed with money and checks. Seen putting in a check for 1 million dollars.

Posted by: BahBahBlacki ( )
Date: October 27, 2012 09:03AM

Depict a group of people/friends obviously laughing their butts off. And you, well...not.

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 08:13PM

NASCAR setting. Most of their races are on Sunday.

Posted by: Mia ( )
Date: October 28, 2012 11:10PM

You in white shirt and tie scrubbing toilets.

Maybe your girlfriend could be holding your hand, or standing there waiting for you all dressed up to go out.

Posted by: Docia ( )
Date: October 29, 2012 01:47AM

1. Dancing with a half-nekkid Julianne Hough (since, with her, since there would be a Mormon Connection") on "Dancing with the Stars!"

2. Have Simon Cowell looking REALLY annoyed whilst you're auditioning on "X-Factor" or "Idol." And the name "Idol" would give a subliminal religious "oomph."

3. At the Dentist (Well it IS more exciting than church!).

4. On top of an Aztec, oh-I mean Lamanite!, temple - pulling the heart out of...oh, I don't know...The Profit?...An IRS man?...A fornicator?LOL Pick one or two and pluck their hearts out!

Fun post! We should have a digtal "Flat koriwhoremonger." Just like "Flat Stanley" but just photoshopped koriwhoremonger in his white shirt and tie involved in various activities at fun locations. We could all make one and...OMG, I sound like the chair for the RS activities committee!!! Sorry!!!!! (Hanging head in shame.)

Posted by: biblebeltbetsy ( )
Date: October 29, 2012 02:05AM

Hahaha brilliant!!!

Posted by: Alice ( )
Date: October 29, 2012 05:32AM

The beach in your white shirt and tie, and everyone else in swim suits. Everyone looking at the ocean, but you have your back to the ocean. Or do this at a nearby landmark, and you
reading the BOM, instead of taking in the view.

A fancy restaurant with everyone drinking wine and eating steak, and you have a sack lunch and a carton of milk with a straw stuck in it.

Your wife is giving birth in a hospital room, and you are watching looking at the TV on the wall, because conference is on. (I actually saw this happen, but it was the football game.)

Couples making out in their cars at a drive-in movie, and you are there alone, on your bicycle.

Some kind of romantic honeymoon resort setting, and you are there with a cub scout troop. (Happened to me a lot.)

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 29, 2012 05:44AM

Have you seen the work of Tim Walker?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.