Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: January 04, 2013 09:33PM

...and Salt Lake County Sheriff Jim Winder? They are both Winders from Utah's Winder Dairy family.

Mike Winder is the ambitious mayor that authored thirteen articles for the Deseret News, KSL.com and the Oquirrh Times about his city as sock puppet Richard Burwash with a phony photo and all. He wrote a Mormon book entitled "Prophets and Presidents" and claims to be a scholar. How can you trust is any of his work?

Lying for the Lord seems to follow the Mormons in all their dealings. It is the same for inflating member numbers, exaggerating baptisms and all aspects of Moism.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53054365-78/winder-council-valley-west.html.csp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2013 09:34PM by No Mo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: johnsmithson ( )
Date: January 04, 2013 09:57PM

Jim Winder is the son of federal district court judge David K. Winder. Dave Winder grew up Mormon, but left the Church in his youth. He was a Democrat, and raised his children outside the Church. At one time he was the only non-practicing Mormon on the federal bench, so he heard all the cases relating to the Church. He was a true gentleman and an excellent judge.

I don't know anything about Mike Winder. The Winder family is quite large, and most remain Mormon members.

Posted by: johnsmithson ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 12:43AM

Looking back at my post, I did not make clear that both Jim Winder and Mike Winder are part of the Winder Dairy family (oh, I see you already knew that), and are cousins of some sort, though I think fairly distant and perhaps a generation apart. I looked online and could not find out how closely they are related. Mike Winder at one time was a VP at Winder Dairy. Jim Winder never worked there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2013 12:45AM by johnsmithson.

Posted by: No Mo ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 02:08AM

Apparently the original convert Winder, John R., from England was a convert and a polygamist. Sock puppeteer Mike Winder wrote the Wiki page in a Mo apologetic tone. It is a white-wash of Mormon history and polygamy.

John Winder supposedly had 20 children with his four wives. It would be hard to tell how closely related the mayor and sheriff are other than they have a common paternal ancestor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2013 02:33AM by No Mo.

Posted by: Mike Winder ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 12:39AM

My grandpa Ned Winder and Judge David Winder were brothers. Sheriff Jim Winder is David's son, making him my father's cousin. So Jim and I are first cousins once-removed.

And I apologize once again for my stupidity with the pen name. I've certainly learned my lesson and won't do anything like that again. Heck, I don't even use screen names.

Posted by: lulu ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 02:25AM

johnsmithson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He was a true
> gentleman and an excellent judge.

Yes he was. I was so sad when I read that he had died.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: February 15, 2013 12:07AM

I went to school with Jim Winder (Elementary and Junior High). He definitely wasn't raised religious. (Hostile to religion if anything.) He was a hoot. Seemed real smart. Sassed the teachers a lot. Was really good at telling a story.

Told us about a suspicious package left at their house with a bible verse citation on it. He said they had no bibles so they couldn't look up the verse. It caused a bomb scare, and the bomb squad came to their house and they were all evacuated. I believe it turned out to be a dead cat.

Of course he told the story much much better, we were all laughing our heads off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2013 12:13AM by crom.

Posted by: regposteranon4this ( )
Date: January 05, 2013 02:22AM

I'm related to a Winder but from another state. Makes me wonder

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: February 14, 2013 12:42AM

I grew up with a Winder and I was very close with that family...hmmmm

Posted by: goatsgotohell ( )
Date: February 15, 2013 12:11AM

OOOPS. I hit the wrong button. I have absolutely nothing to say. Just figured I'd clarify the white space...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2013 12:12AM by goatsgotohell.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.