Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 02:00PM

You may recall in another thread I reported that the church was not listed in a USA-Today article on Haitian relief by religious organizations, and that the news release at lds.org listed all the LDS help, but without dollar values.

I commented that I had inquired at the lds.org Newsroom. Here's the reply:
========
A complete history of your feedback and the company response is outlined below:

You submitted a Question on January 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM:
Re: Haitian Relief - What dollar value does the LDS church assign to the items listed in the news story ("A Year Later...", Jan 13)? USA-Today (Jan 13, 2011) in article on "Faith-based aid bolsters Haiti relief" gives dollar values to aid from other churches (LDS church is not mentioned).

The LDS Church responded on January 16, 2011 at 8:35 AM as follows:

Eventually that number will be available (usually at LDS.org/newsroom). It takes some time to assess and accumulate all of the data . . . for example, the effort has not ceased, but is still ongoing.

Thanks for writing.
===================

My immediate reaction: the Methodists and Catholics were able to assign values, and their efforts are also continuing.

Who here is "fudging"???

Notice, too, that the church is referred to (by this third-party agency) as "the company".....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rodolfo ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 02:04PM

EGG-ZACTLY! What does it say when an organization can't even just be forthright about a simple gift? Always spinning, always a hidden agenda. Forward your E-mail to Peggy Fletcher Stack at SLT -- maybe she can get a better answer.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 02:50PM

What a load of crap... so the LDS can't tell how much as been given to "Haiti" so far???? Is the math too hard, big shots? Follows the pattern of hiding the truth!!!

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 17, 2011 03:00PM

Back when Mormons were claiming to be sending two planes to Haiti filled with supplies, I heard some spokespeople from Islamic Relief USA on the True Talk program on WMNF here in Tampa, Florida. They talked about the two planes and dozens of organizations taking part to send supplies to Haiti. They never once mentioned "teaming up" with the Mormon Church. The guys from Islamic Relief were also very detailed about the kinds of work they were doing and what was needed in Haiti. They talked about what individuals could to locally and in cooperation with other organizations to help the people of Haiti. It was a very informative show.

From what I gathered from the True Talk show on WMNF in Tampa, the Mormon church was probably one of 50-60 organizations who contributed supplies to the effort that Islamic Relief USA was driving.

So, they're having trouble with numbers? Maybe we should contact Islamic Relief USA and ask what exactly the involvement of the Mormon church was in their effort. Maybe let them know what claims the Mormon church made in their local media.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2011 03:01PM by Makurosu.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.