Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 03:47PM

My neighbor is a rather frail LDS woman who can no longer make it to church. Her old bishop bumped into her outside her home and must have been embarrassed he never sees her or figures she is inactive. Anyway, that same day she got love bombed with cookies by him. Too bad he didn't take the time to sit down, talk with her and find out what her real needs might be.

Mormons! Fake caring learned from a corporation. Gotta love em.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 03:58PM

The same kinds of things happened to my elderly mom. Someone would drop something off on her porch, ring the bell and run off. Then mom would hobble from her bed to the door in hopes a little human contact to find flowers or a plate of sweets she wasn't allowed to eat at the bottom of the steps where she couldn't pick them up.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 04:01PM

that is so messed up. How about showing up when she needs her drive shoveled or needs a ride to a Dr.'s appt.? Cookies solve everything, I guess I didn't know that.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 09:17PM

The youth in my ward growing up would swarm to an elderly member's home to work in their yard for a "service" project. Meanwhile the old grandma was fretting over the youth messing up her yard. Hours later, "service" has been done and the elderly could safely be forgotten again for another year.

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 09:37PM

I saw lots of irrational service projects during my Mormon days like wealthy widows getting weekly assistance from ward priesthood that didn't really need the help because they paid for the same services to be done. Then the really poor and needy single mothers with very small children barely holding on physically and financially would be ignored. All this because TSCC taught that widows and orphans deserved special attention. Sometimes I think there must be a "lack of logic" test to advance in Mormonism. If your service lacks any sense of logic or compassion then it must be a Mormon service project.

Posted by: Tupperwhere ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 09:48PM

You mean like the time our ward did a service project at the D.I. cleaning up their parking lot?

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:10PM

Or our ward back in Salt Lake that was constantly planting flowers at the church building or doing random gardening at the Jordan River Temple and calling it service?

Posted by: GetTheLedZepOut ( )
Date: April 12, 2013 10:23PM

Yep. Momos are famous for passing up bleeding, starving people on their way to church to learn how to be Christlike.

Maybe that bishop should care about his own family or neighbors instead of worrying about getting another percentage point on his SM attendance.

We're getting love bombed now. RS lady keeps coming over and dropping off things for my wife. HP leader brought one of the SP members over to see us. I've decided it's time to let them know not to come.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.