Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chelseamarie ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 02:55AM

Have any if you or someone you know been rejected in a certine way because of your weight or just how you look in general? I was just wondering because something like this happened to my friend earlier on today. Me and her were just having a girls day out and we decided to go to this clothing store called "juice" and see if we can try anything on there. I will just quickly add in that my friend has always had weight problems and has been picked on a lot because of it so it does piss me off when people say this type of stuff to her. So pretty much what happen was she found a pair of leggings that she liked and I found an outfit that I liked and she went up to the sales person to ask if he can open up one of the change rooms so she can try it on and he refused to let her try them on! And he gave the " because they won't fit you excuse" but he is pretty much actually saying " I refuse to let you try this on because of your weight" so I was pretty pissed of when he did, but what he said next pissed me off even more because after he refused to open a change room for her he looked towards me and said "you won't be able to fit in these, but your friend here can" but in translation he is saying "your to fat to fit in these,but your friend can probably fit in them better because she's skinnier than you." So than I just said "look can you just please let her try them on?" And even after I asked him politely to let her try them on, he still refused and was very rude to the both of us so I just look him right in the eye, threw the otfit I was going to try on and threw it in the rack right beside him, turned to my friend and said "Katie lets go" and she told the sales person how rude he was being to the both of us and we both turned our backs and walked away. Just as we got to the entrence of the store he yelled at us "I wasn't being rude!" so me and my friend both turned back, looked him dead in the eye and said "yea you were." We left the store and never went back in there for the rest of the day. Has anyone else or knows someone that something like this has happened to?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 03:04AM

I would suggest asking to immediately speak to the manager next time and do not accept no for an answer. Yes, this actually does happen in boutiques, especially higher end ones. If the manager isn't willing to rectify the situation, then you spread the word using all the glorious technology available. I believe you kids call it "viral."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2013 03:04AM by Itzpapalotl.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 03:59AM

I agree, Chelsie Marie. Ask to talk to the store's manager. The manager should rectify the situation, but if not, ask for the address/phone number of the chain's district manager. Be the squeaky wheel.

You might get attitude if you walk into a *very* high end, expensive boutique (if you've ever seen the movie, "Pretty Woman," that will give you the idea,) but a very ordinary mall-type store? That should not be happening.

Posted by: an991 ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 03:41AM

Was the store gap?

Posted by: srena nli ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 04:32AM

Oh,that. No, not as such.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: April 28, 2013 04:41AM

Juicy Couture?

https://www.juicycouture.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Juicy-Site/default/CustomerService-ContactUs

If it's a different store, get the email address and write customer service.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.