Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: unforgivable ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:42PM

ok, so when we found out about our sons abuse and we figured that we were being shunned by the church and the bishop(father of the perp) and his family. we decided we were having our names removed from the church records.

the bishop (the father of the perp) baptized my family and i, so i when we had our names removed sent the letter to the bishop as well. i wanted him to know that he could take our names of his records as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:00PM

so did you go into depth with the letter or did you keep it short and sweet?

Date: January 20, 2011 01:25PM

i kept it short and sweet. before i actually wrote the letters to have our name removed i had sent all the correspondances that had gone between the perps family and my family to the elder in charge of our area in salt lake city, hoping that i would get some kind of response. boy was i wrong. i had actually called to get the email address and the or the address in which i could send them to and the secretary asked me what the information was pertaining, i told her child molestation her statement to me was "oh the church doesnt tolerate that at all, you need to do both email and mail the information"... i never rec'vd anything back from them. therefore i had our names removed. once i did that i rec'vd a letter stating that i would be considered an apostate and that i would be condemned to hell for denying christ. wth

Posted by: Woman's Intuition ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:42PM

That's okay, if there is a hell, it's where all the best parties (and people) will be. Then again, the idea of what the CK was going to be like, never really appealed to me!

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:45PM

That is not the normal response that comes from SLC.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:54PM

from what i hear it is. my letter stated i was an apostate and that i would be condemed to hell for denying christ.

Posted by: intellectualfeminist ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 04:03PM

Adding insult to injury by caling you an apostate and condemning you to hell. Lovely. Well their little games will hopefully soon be over for you and your family, unforgivable. You deserve as much good in your life as possible; they can't condemn you to hell when they were the ones that put you there already. Give them the middle finger and move on to a healthy, happy life!!

Posted by: Baffled ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 04:21PM

That's crazy! What is headquarters thinking? To send a response like that - no one would even consider rejoining.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.