Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 04:48PM

I was just curious does this happen alot? I heard from a friend of mine who is no longer mormon that it does happen alot. He served in I think Tokyo and said it happened quite a bit. I was just curious since missionaries always try to put forth that clean image. I know from expierence it is usually the squeaky clean ones who are the worst. Wondering if the same is true for mormons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: roflmao ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:14PM

Yes

I don't know what you would call a lot

But, yes, they do

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:15PM

My guess is that if it happens once out of 100 missionaries then it's considered "a lot." If that were found out it would be all over the mission grape vine in a flash.

The whole "companion" idea kind of makes it difficult to accomplish unless you can get your comp to go along with the idea. Also it would be difficult to meet and impress a girl (dating, alone time, romance etc.) to get to the jump-into-bed stage. That said, the challenge to some girls of doing a missionary might compensate for that.

I know of one missionary who DID have sex on his mission. He had decided on his mission that the Church was false. He considered himself an atheist and would say that to anyone who asked. His parents wanted him to "stick it out" and not come home. He was pulled back into the mission home and put to work as a typist for the mission newsletter. He was miserable.

In that situation, without an assigned companion it was not too hard for him to sneak out alone.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:20PM

I find part of this debatable. Every missionary assigned to the Mission Home has a companion. Sometimes, it's a threesome, but EVERYONE has a companion.

Ron

Date: January 20, 2011 05:28PM

You said threesome!!
ha.

Date: January 20, 2011 05:18PM

I can only speak to the early to mid-70's and the answer would be "yes" and "not very often". I had to purge files in the mission home in the Netherlands and there were probably 6 court records for missionaries that got laid from 1973 - 1977. Now, mind you, these are only the ones who got caught or confessed.

Ron

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:20PM

Missionaries get sent home all the time for violating the law of chastity just prior to or during their missions.

I met one Elder, an Indian, who served in the UK. When he was told his being gay was a problem years later, he was suprised because his first companion was his first gay experience and all the Elders in his district were intimate with him. True story?

Date: January 20, 2011 05:24PM

"..and all the Elders in the district were were intimate with him?".

Noway, I call bullshit.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Charlie ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 06:05PM

His story, not mine.
However, when I was a Bishop in that gay church I had trouble determining when the saints were confessing sexual foibles and when they were bragging.
Would or could a saint lie?

Posted by: snb (logged out) ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 07:42PM

In that gay church?

Don't you mean ward?

Were you really a Bishop?

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 01:01AM

Posted by: axeldc ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 08:57AM

I could believe him having sex with a companion, but I can't believe that an entire district would be gay and that not one of them would freak out and run to the MP.

Posted by: runtu ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:24PM

One of the zone leaders got a girl pregnant, and one of our sister missionaries went home pregnant.

Posted by: ms ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:25PM

Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:47PM

Son- in- law got herpes from investigator. Gave it to my daughter. Nice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 08:11PM by get her done.

Posted by: pirate princess pickle bunny ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 06:26PM

I always figured that there were a few. You get a bunch of 19 or 20 something guys in the public that much stuff is bound to happen. especially in someplace like Amsterdamn or another place with alot of opportunities.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 06:42PM

I replaced an elder in a tiny little village on the Holland/Germany border that dated a young woman in the branch. The MP relocated the offending elder. He wrote to her, and as soon as he got released, he went back and married her. Dunno if they did the deed while dating, NMB.

As a sidenote, my new companion, the accomplice of this affair, conveniently left me alone in her sister's bedroom at one point. I couldn't bring myself to take advantage of the situation, but I had the distinct impression at the time that she would have been quite willing to do anything it took to latch onto a young horny american sexually-repressed worthy priesthood-holding man.

Posted by: hehe ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 07:13PM

If only you could wind back the clock, eh? There are too many situations in my past where I wish I could have been a little more like Sean Connery and a little less like Adrian Monk.

Date: January 20, 2011 06:45PM

On that note, I take it alot of the temple marraiges have people who have led less than pure lives.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 07:40PM

Yeah, I knew several who got themselves into plenty of trouble after fooling around on their missions. Occasionally, some of them would run away with the person they fooled around with. It happens.

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 09:48PM

Yes, I got laid over 20 times on my mission. At one point the whole district had a big gangbang orgy. It was really amazing. I got more sex in 2 years of mission life than the first 5 years of my marriage.

Seriously, missionaries RARELY ever sleep around. It just doesn't happen very much. Maybe one in 100 missionaries does something like this, if that many.

Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:48PM

How could you pull that off without getting ratted out?

Posted by: Simone Stigmata ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:55PM

Posted by: fallible ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 10:43PM

I was in the field with two missionaries that slept around. One was in the group I went through the mission home with and one was a little younger.

If I remember right the younger one was a DL at the time and was having sex with a married sister in one of the branches.

Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:35PM

I kissed a couple of girls, but I felt really guilty afterward.

Posted by: orsonsplatt ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:45PM

While I was on my mission an ex-GF got pregnant by and ran off with a missionary in her ward.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 21, 2011 12:56AM

He was one of the straight laced ones. When he finally couldn't stand it anymore, and rode a bus most of the night to the mission home to report it, the mission president castigated him for leaving his area. Some gratitude.

Posted by: UK-Sinner ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 05:37AM

It definitely happens although not in massive numbers. In my experience as an RM, through talking to RM friends & from my home mission over the years, I'd say a couple of missionaries from EVERY mission are sent home in disgrace each year.

One of my companions was sent home later in his mission for getting a girl pregnant. He would sneak out to see her in the early hours of the morning, when his comp was asleep. I had a friend who also had a companion that was sneaking out during the night to see an investigator.

It was bad enough in the UK but I imagine in some of the really poverty striken nations of the world, women would throw themselves at these good looking, wealthy American boys?

Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 06:26AM

... far from the other mishies and the mission office, which was going through some kind of reorganization/consolidation process to begin with, and there was only one active member in the town.

The mishies did their best, but slept in except for their leader who was the "early to bed and early to rise" type of guy who can't sleep when the sun is out. So all through the summer he would get up early and go jogging through a magnificent park (I think it was called Parque del Príncipe, this being Cáceres, Spain, in the Madrid mission). Lots of people went there in the morning and evenings, since the afternoon temperatures are over 100°F in summer. He somehow became acquainted with the town's sole active mormon, a fellow jogger, and long story short. They had sex.

I heard this from an office mishie who told me that lots of elders, after hearing the story in the gossip circuit, were suddenly slightly more motivated to get out of the house early in the morning.

Posted by: Zeno Lorea ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 06:34AM

... but I wasn't really interested. In my mid-teens I was infatuated with half of the teenage mishies, but this man was an older, married type of missionary.

For years after that I kept thinking I must be really effeminate if he could "recognize" me as one of his kind. To this day I defend effeminate gays whenever other queers make nasty comments about them.

Posted by: Slacker ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:50AM

Two sister missionaries hooked up with each other on my mission. On the night we were coming home a local member called the mission Pres. to tell him that a member of my group hooked up with one of the local girls. I guess my mission wasn't so bad after all.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 10:57AM

I had a missionary try to put a penny down my shirt.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.