Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: perky ( )
Date: July 02, 2013 07:47PM

Anyone hear of the New World transformation and "human condition?" It is a biological and evolutionary explanation of the age old idea of good and evil.

This explanation makes a lot of sense to me from a logical standpoint and also just sounds right. No need for Satan etc., and the Garden of Eden story is backwards.

My reading of it is that the main idea is that humans are instinctively good and it wasn't until we evolved a conscious brain that all the pent up anger, alienation and egocentricity started and all the warring, religious explanation of the need for "redemption" etc., started.

Unlike other evolved animals we process information both instinctively (genes and evolution) and with nerves (brain). this lead to the age old conundrum of (devil inside), Plato's cave etc...

A I have left Mormonism and religion in general I do not want to lose hope. Anyway, just wanted to get your thoughts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.