Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: perky ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 10:02AM

People find a 66 million year old T-rex tooth inside the bone of another dinosaur. T-rex tried to kill the other dino, but it got away. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/jul/15/t-rex-tooth-embedded-

We have 120 meteorites from Mars… blown off Mars by impact and found their way to earth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_meteorite

However, we can’t find any evidence of the millions of dead bodies, swords, wheels, grain, horses, buildings etc………………… described in detail in the Book of BS (ooops Mormon)????

Like all science v religion problems, the well reasoned LDS pat answer is: “These are mysteries and God knows the truth. We will find out someday i.e., when we die.”

For some people no matter how much or what type of evidence you offer up they will find a way around it. God could visit some people and tell them face to face JS was a sex obsessed, con-man megalomaniac and they would tell him to; “ stop reading “anti-mormon literature.”

Any suggestions on how to deal with someone like this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 10:57AM

DNA is not a mystery and it is not anti-Mormon.

DNA shows that the American Indians came from Asia and are not Semitic.

Therefore, the Book of Mormon is a hoax.

Posted by: imaworkinonit ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 11:23AM

especially when the other person isn't listening.

To some people, a discussion is all about promoting and protecting their current way of thinking, rather than exchanging information or hearing another point of view.

I have to say, though, when it comes to religion, this type of defensive conversation is VERY common, and not just with the Mormons. For religious people, a LOT rides on maintaining certain beliefs: relationships, status in the community, and supposedly even eternal life. Most people are afraid to mess that up.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 01:27PM

"I have made up my mind. Don't confuse the issue with facts. That would cause me to have to think which is a no no."
Closed mind fear driven mentality.

Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 01:31PM

perky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any suggestions on how to deal with someone like
> this?

Why would you need to deal with it at all? Don't bother with people like that. If it's someone you feel compelled to deal with (a coworker or family member who spends time with family that you also want to spend time with), then tell them to drop the subject of religion.

I would never bother a Mormon about his beliefs, as long as he wasn't bothering me. Then I would first tell him to stop bothering me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.