Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: earlyrm ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 10:46AM

IT'S LIKE THE RED WEDDING in Game of Thrones over here! All this misandry/misogyny stuff. Everybody's at everybody's throats. Can't we all just get along????? WOW!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 10:47AM

The chaos is in the eye of the beholder.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 10:56AM

And other menstration puns.

But it's not really about that. Those are just cheap jokes because it's early in the morning.

Posted by: woodsmoke ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 11:32AM

+1

Date: July 20, 2013 11:41AM

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 11:31AM

Sometimes I feel like a woman in a man's body.

So, everyone here better leave me alone on this one.

Gonna keep my ears open and my mouth wide shut....

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 01:50PM

breedumyung Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes I feel like a woman in a man's body.
>

Nowadays they can fix that.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 11:45AM

I was more stunned at the insistance of guys that they are victims too. Yeah, yeah we all got our share of shit to deal with since life is fundamentally unfair. But please... Guys share their problems on the board all the time without being brushed aside in the name of sexism and misogony. So lets give the same courtesy to these latter issues aswell. Having millions of guys thinking they have every right to rape, bully and abuse you because you lack a penis is a huge problem that cannot be excused with "we men have our problems too, boo hoo".

Posted by: WinksWinks ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 12:35PM

Yes, thank you!
I am glad that sort doesn't generally come here, although once in a while they do.

I am glad that I would feel safer in general around an in-person gathering of many of the user names here, but that is a reflection of how much thought RfM'ers put into their lives, not society.

I DO have to be afraid when I go out and interact with the general public, and parts of these threads seem to suggest this may be an exaggeration. Or perhaps I should put up with it because women do bad things too. Rape culture is very real and I agree that some women participate in perpetuating it. But the message I am getting is that some of our otherwise awesome guys would like to pretend it doesn't exist because they are good people themselves.

I WISH RfM represented general society. I really do! People here are very caring and thoughtful on average. The odd troll here is a remarkably smaller occurrence than it is out in public, or on many other discussion boards.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 01:54PM

The majority being women. Women, now having the vote, and being a majority, have the political power to make change, at least politically.

But no, they whine that it is all men's fault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2013 01:55PM by MJ.

Date: July 20, 2013 05:28PM

+1

Posted by: serena ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 05:40PM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 12:40PM

full moon ?

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 01:46PM

When we kids were unnecessarily complaining about something, he would pretend to play a violin and inform us that, 'Things are tough all over.'

Seriously, it seems that many women nowadays are using the very tactics that men have used on them for eons. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Posted by: oldwoman ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 05:27PM

Just makes me want to slap people. Slap 'em hard and say shut your pie holes.

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 05:30PM

LOL oldwoman, who are you?

Date: July 20, 2013 05:39PM

I think maybe the proportion of women who want equality is a minority, even amongst their own gender. I'd like to be wrong, but since it's so hard to even fend off the ever narrowing options women have for even caring for their own bodies autonomously, other women are most definitely helping the patriarchy.

To say that it is the fault of women who want equality for not being able to rally the rest of their gender is the same as to say all women want to be treated the same. It is just as sexist.

Obviously not all women want equality or we would already have it.

The women who DO want equality need the protection granted minorities, since obviously quite a lot of women are helping the patriarchy gradually strip away the progress that was hard won in the area of control of our own bodies in particular.

Yes, many women don't want equality, there are a lot of these types in my family. But it is not right for them to insist that I shouldn't even have the option. I have never ridiculed or thought less of them for staying home and uninvolved with politics. For wanting their men to make all the decisions, and on and on.
But I don't have to live that way, even if they think I should. I should have the choice to live my life the way I want, which is to make my own decisions, and be heard as an equal when I have something to say.

I may have expressed my point poorly, but women who want equality cannot even count on their fellow women to join them in seeking these rights. Does that mean those of us who do want the respect, authority, and responsibility should just give up because the rest of women are "happy with their place"?

Date: July 20, 2013 05:44PM

+ a million forever

Date: July 20, 2013 05:46PM

Yes wink winks...... after all this chaos, I think you have summed it up the best.

Posted by: brefots ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 06:06PM

Maybe it's no so much the lack of will to get "equality", I suspect it's rather a very big lack of agreement what equality means and how it's supposed to be achieved.

Date: July 20, 2013 06:16PM

Well I've been told I'm ruining the economy, you know, if I just stayed home a Man would be gainfully employed. By my own family.
I know nobody wants to think women are saying this to other women in this day and age, it's so '60s-'70s... But it's still happening!
Nobody's going to pass a blanket 'equality' act of any sort, we must resolve the issues one at a time already. We are currently involved in hammering out just what form equality should take, but progress is being dismantled in whatever areas we aren't currently battling for, and women are helping the patriarchy do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2013 06:17PM by WinksWinks.

Date: July 20, 2013 06:35PM

If I ever have a daughter, I want her to grow to make her OWN choices and to affect the world around her, rather than to wait for a MAN to make the choices, and let the world affect her. If I ever marry, I want to marry a woman who is equal to me, not one who waits for me to make the decisions.

I feel it would be awkward to force equality upon the women who love to be treated like little princesses. However, unlike you, I do think less of women who will not fight for their own equality. To me, the most important thing in life is being the best you can be, and inequality limits your potential. Anybody who is happy with staying stagnant loses my respect.

Date: July 20, 2013 06:42PM

I want equality. Options for everyone to choose the path that works for them, I would not dictate the choice of the women who want to stay home, my right to equality does not take that away from them. The mormon women who believe their place is at home are the ones who want to take my choices away. If only I would stay home, the economy would improve? I don't think so.
Give men better paternity leave, I want equality for both the genders! We're still hashing that out legally, but saying my options should be limited is no where approaching equal.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 05:47PM

Man, earlyrm, I know what you are saying. Got home from work and didn't even want to click on any of the threads. Some things are better left to play themselves out, watching from a safe observation area. :)

Date: July 20, 2013 05:52PM

Yeah I dont trust myself to comment, cause I'll just get emotional and super offensive.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 05:57PM

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 06:04PM

I knew eventually Susan would put the kibosh on this.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 06:07PM

And the hammer falls!

Posted by: FormerLatterClimber nli ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 06:05PM

One, Two, Three, Four! Who declared a Gender War?

(Thumb wars are way more fun).

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: July 20, 2013 06:32PM

God, really!

Oh, can one of you gals get me a sammich and a beer?

Thanks

Date: July 20, 2013 06:35PM

lollll I'll get right to the kitchen

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.