Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 09:12PM

Y'all might consider me a troll but I've gone pretty much inactive for the last year. Every once in a while i get sick of the silly games mormons play and go inactive for a while till im ready to face them again.
It really ticked me off when the church went soft on Gay scouts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 09:35PM

You're having trouble breathing with your head so far up your hind end, and you're secretly hoping someone here will come to your rescue...

Sorry, not gonna waste any more on a thread that's going to be pulled...

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:54PM

<snicker>

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 09:36PM

"went soft"? Wow

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 09:38PM

Oh gemini - I think you caught the Freudian Sex act...... I mean the Freudian Slip

Posted by: Erictheex ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:34PM

Are you hard on gays?

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 11:05PM

Haha!

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:37PM

Posted by: templeendumbed ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:39PM

PHIL,

I guess what it comes down to is that you should have realized this is a corporation driven by PR and behavioral control crap. Of course they went "soft on gay scouts" because everybody is hating churchco. more than usual.

There is nothing of God involved in churchco. Western liberalism will drag them into the future as it has done with churchco. in the past and almost all religions currently. Churchco. will react because Dog and his eternal principles can go get effed - why? Because churchco. heads know Dog has nothing to do with this half cocked cult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2013 11:01PM by templeendumbed.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 10:49PM

Well it looks like you are going to get ticked off a lot in the next few years as gays cause more and more religions "go soft".

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 11:00PM

are you the prince of insufficient light ?

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 11:03PM

PHIL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It really ticked me off when the church went soft
> on Gay scouts.

Yah, and I'm sure 1978 really ticked you off too, right?

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 12:22AM

I'm sure Phil can find the fundies. They have kept and cherished all the old ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2013 12:23AM by crom.

Posted by: pewsitter ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 11:12PM

Phil - I am glad your back. I hope you stay awhile and learn TSCC has no balls except when they can be a bully in courts of love.

You know that if TSCC was real, they would have dumped boy scouts.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: August 09, 2013 11:35PM

to start crap? If so, please put yourself out and save me the trouble.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 12:24AM

... would be showing up here anyway.

You must have some kind of reputation. :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2013 12:26AM by steve benson.

Date: August 10, 2013 08:21AM

Actually , Im surprised my thread is still here. About 11 years ago Susan got really POed at me so my time is usually limited here.
Because of limited access to the Web im forced to do hit and runs.
A previous poster mentioned fundamentalism for people like me. Actually 19th century mormonism turns me off. However 20th cent mormonism appeals to me. Maybe i need to start another cult :-}.

Posted by: Doxi ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 08:23AM

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 10:39AM

Big Donny and Marie fan are ya?

Date: August 10, 2013 11:22AM

I was on a mission when Donny was given a pass on a mission and shortly after he got engaged and said "when your in love why wait". You cant imagine what that did to mission morale throughout the world.

Date: August 10, 2013 08:46AM

As you know famous people like us have to put up with those who are jealous of our greatness and seek to bring us down to their level.

Posted by: Hugh ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 09:12AM

20th century mormonism appeals to you? So homophobia, racism, sexism, etc. appeals to you? What part of the whole appeals to you?

Date: August 10, 2013 11:16AM

Homophobis , Racism, Sexism , are not the issues but the church's inconsisstent messages about them is.
For example Sister PHIL is a stay at home wife and mother and has been for years and years because thats what we believed the church taught at the time and it did.
You cant imagine the s*** we put up with in the 70s and 80s from both church members and local leaders over that issue. Silly us for believing the church and its members would support us when the GAs were preaching that ie Pres Kimble and his "John and Mary" talk.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 11:41AM

I know how you feel. Many people dismiss us when they feel threatened by our greatness. You'd think basking in my shadow would be such a sweet deal for those less humble than myself...

Posted by: Quoth the Raven Nevermo ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 08:59AM

What a sad little man you are.

The crutch will always sell out. It is a corporation. You haven't figured this out? What a slow mind you must have. The corp needs suckers to pay its bills. Every decision is based on how to main stream the crutch to acquire new suckers. When their dirty laundery was exposed to show their hand in california prop 8, and they received negative backlash, they backed off their underhanded dealings to oppose marriage equality. They even started to appeal to gay mormons (the ones who never could have sex), and said some bla bla bla about how they should have not excluded and hounded gays.

Posted by: fidget ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 09:50AM

Someone needs to put a leash on PHIL. Or maybe a muzzle.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 10:34AM

You could always join the Westboro Baptist Church.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 10:35AM

If you have one, name it and let us help you.

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: August 10, 2013 11:34AM

So Phil, why aren't you pissed off that TSCC isn't leading the changes in moral standards instead of lagging behind the rest of the world or never changing at all. If the prophet has the gift of divine revelation then the prophet should be the first person to know that social changes are needed. Instead of leading, the prophets resist change for as long as they can, but eventually they give in. It seems like you are pissed off about them giving in.

There was a thread on here about how Joseph Smith wanted women to hold the priesthood. And yet the current leaders totally refuse to allow a worthy woman to hold the priesthood? The current leaders don't have divine revelation, nor do they stick to the teachings of Joseph Smith.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.