Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Exmormon1 ( )
Date: September 07, 2021 03:32PM

I spent 18 years a member of the church. I was very active, went to church every Sunday and Wednesday, went before school every morning to seminary, which my mother was the teacher of, and did not have sex, do drugs, or drink. I was a shining example of a Mormon.

I met my now-wife in my last year of high school, I fell in love with her, even though she was Baptist. I soon started to quit going to church, even delayed my mission papers. I kept delaying going on a mission until after about a year I decided to marry this woman and go inactive from the church. We have been happily together for 5 years now, and I have not looked back.

I have been repeatedly reprimanded and scolded by my family for leaving, especially when I sent in my resignation letter last week. I think it’s really sad they can’t see that I’m actually a happy, functioning human being without the church. I no longer have a real relationship with my parents.

If anyone wants to comment or email me just to talk about our experiences I would love to!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: September 08, 2021 01:50AM

Welcome to RfM!

This is the exit stories part of the board, and most of our members--once they check out the rest of this site--"go over" to the main (means: by FAR the most active!) part of the Recovery from Mormonism site which is our message board, and gradually (go at your own pace), become part of our larger gathering of members.

Our message board: https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/list.php?2

I suggest that you check out the RfM message board, and when you feel ready, introduce yourself with a condensed version of your story. All you really need to do is post a brief bit about yourself and your background, say that you have posted your exit story on the exit stories part of the site...and you will very likely find yourself being warmly welcomed to this most wonderful (my personal opinion!) new "home" on the Internet.

[Here is a brief bit about me: I am a nevermo ("neverMormon") who, some years ago, did a random Google search for something-or-other, I can't remember "what," and I found myself here. From the very beginning of my time here I was incredibly impressed by the people I found on RfM, so (despite having never been Mormon) I stuck around, and a few years ago I became a moderator here.

Welcome to RfM!

We are happy to have you as a part of our very active on-line community.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2021 01:52AM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.