Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: roughrider ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 06:48PM

I cannot help but feel somewhat bemused concerning the church essays that have surfaced recently and others that will be published on the LDS web page.
The first two that have been issued basically infer, rather strongly I feel, that there have been major inconsistencies regarding pivotal and important historical church events, and which are casting a great degree of doubt on the church's claims of possessing a divine mandate. There are seemingly more such essays to come.
Where, I wonder, is this all leading us to and why the apparent rush all of a sudden, in what appears a short timetable, to get this information out now, albeit grudgingly or without fanfare, and into the public domain?
Are these "admissions of past guilt" satisfying those higher up the critical pecking order, who have been demanding more transparency?
Are there more "revelations" of a much more explosive and shocking nature about to come forth?
As we await further such statements from the church, could this I wonder, be causing the delay of the much heralded "surprises", which we are told has the potential to cause major problems for the church?
I cannot understand why the church leadership even feel they need to issue these public statements at this time, unless there is a gun poised precariously in their direction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: spicyspirit ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 06:53PM

Good questions

Posted by: csuprovostudent ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 07:41PM

I agree. It's odd behavior. No fanfare, not presented via conference speech, not signed by the powers that be, incrementally divided into smaller segments rather than a single itemized list outlining the direction of the new and improved 'normal-mormal'church.

But, as I have stated previously, the whole PR process of evolving a whack fringe religion into a mainline church has probably involved a ton of money, hours of burning the midnight oil, focus groups, surveys and trial balloons so that the methodology of change will result in the least possible financial impact to the donor flow...

Posted by: emmahailyes ( )
Date: December 14, 2013 09:03PM

Maybe they are working on discrediting all prophets quickly so when the old geezers die they can start over with new blood and new doctrine.

Posted by: offradar ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 04:29AM

The fact is the LDS church and its leaders are such an undignifief bunch of reprehensible deceivers, so completely bereft of any integrity that they now cannot dare put their signatures to major church statements regarding policy and doctrine. They are shameful frauds and cowards who deserve to be publicly challenged, exposed and forced to account for their corruption and duplicity in the ongoing massive fraud that is Mormonism. 2014 could be an interesting year.

Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 04:36AM

Iffradar - I so hope you are right. I hope 2014 is the year when TSCC has its big downfall clear to the bottom.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 04:38AM

roughrider Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------

> Where, I wonder, is this all leading us to and why the apparent rush all of a sudden, in what appears a short timetable, to get this information out now, albeit grudgingly or without fanfare, and into the public domain?

Trying to soften the anticipated impact of an 'Oktober Surprise' scenario?

Concur that (a) SOMEthing BIG is up and (b) it is MOST entertaining, this spectacle of elephants attempting ballet.

Posted by: ozpoof ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 05:42AM

These statements are worthless. Remember the "ice coffee is OK" one that got redacted into oblivion? Where is it now?

These are feelers, with enough plausible deniability to also disappear if enough outrage is expressed.

A church led by inspiration doesn't act this way.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 05:53AM

ozpoof Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> These are feelers, with enough plausible deniability to also disappear if enough outrage is expressed.
----------------

Excellent analysis.
Puts logic to their method.
----------------

> A church led by inspiration doesn't act this way.
----------------

No.
Rather skulkingly sneaky, really.
Cowardly even.

Posted by: erictheex ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 05:58AM

it is VERY important to understand that in no way they are admitting fault or saying sorry. This is a key doctrinal and legal position, they are simply assigning blame.

Posted by: bednarsgay ( )
Date: December 15, 2013 12:02PM

I personally think these statements are leading to something really BIG! - "It was all that ba---rd BKP's fault!!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.