Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 01:53PM

I was looking up this rather large family that has 10+ boys and hoping for a girl. I thought they might be part of the quiverfull movement. While searching google I came acorss an article that looked like it was created by the Onion...yet the article was being sincere.

I don't know if they are part of the movement but with the article state the certain Psalm I speculate that they are quiverfull follers. PSA. 127:3-5 .. "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.”"

The featured family is Kateri and Jay Schwandt
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/10/family_of_12_boys_wonders_will.html

So the Duggards have some competition.

Headline: HELP SAVE OUR MOST ENDANGERED SPECIES

"White Children have never been listed on the “Most Endangered Species List” but I assure you they deserve to be at the very top of that list. White children conceived and born from a genetic background of Anglo, Saxon, Germanic, Scandinavian blood are indeed the most endangered species in our time of history. "

Oh no.. the fertility rate for Anglo, Saxon, Germanic, Scandinavian children is down to 1.8.

Have a laugh at this.
http://www.churchofisrael.org/pastor-gayman-s-weekly-comments-on-the-news/february-2014/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: fossilman ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 02:05PM

So it appears, that I, of Anglo Saxon decent, am a separate species from other humanoids. Since species are defined as populations that generally do not interbreed, I'd just have to say that "I don't think that word means what they think it means." Inconceivable!

Just call me Homo anglosaxonensis?

Posted by: Anon Brit ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:03PM

Oooh, I'm a special white Anglo-Saxon snowflake!

The most endangered species EVER! Like, there can only be a couple of billion of us on the earth! Move over pandas!

Love it that this was written by Pastor Gayman.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 03:21PM

in a social situation. I just know I would break out into a rash or something.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 05:33PM

And I was doing so well until I got married--those darn Irish genes polluted my offspring!

--Chicken N. Backpacks, writing from 1868

Posted by: anagrammy ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 05:37PM

I take comfort in the opinion of the oracle, Saturday Night Live.

Their skit "White Party" says it all. There are all the anglos at a cocktail, living it up. The moderator says "Enjoy, White People, because you fun everything now. Live it up because it's all over by 2040, 2060 tops."

After which time we will all be a Latino blend!

Goodbye anglos and good riddance. My white half has not done so great by the rest of us.

Kathleen Waters

Posted by: HorizontalPlay ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 10:09AM

Nothing like some good old fashioned self loathing and white guilt eh? I try to limit my guilt to things I've actually done wrong myself, but hey, if people want to take the guilt of the entire history of a skin color group on their shoulders, I guess we can all be little Jesuses. Does that mean I can take credit for all the awesome things white people have done and developed throughout history? Might be a fair trade if that's allowable, but it's probably not politically correct to celebrate such things.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 05:46PM

I rarely use the word "hate," because it's so strong.
But I will here: I hate "white supremacists."
And I'm "white."

The only "endangered species" are those like these folks. And good riddance to 'em.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 09:42PM

Interesting that these white supremacists exclude the Celts. At least they are traditional racists.

I am guessing that they are anti-evolution. It makes it so convenient when you don't have to consider that modern humans probably originated in Africa.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:43PM

realized that they were committing ethnic pollution by marrying and having children.

And then my Shantytown-Irish mother made the situation worse by marrying my ethnically-polluted father.

I don't think I will lose any sleep over this issue.

Posted by: Heretic 2 ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 09:53PM

This sounds like more of the Aryan master race nonsense that was popular in the 30's and 40's.

The world is rather overpopulated. I have no sympathy for people who think they should have too many children. As the population rises, we are going to pay higher prices for all the necessities. Gasoline, food, housing, etc.

The quiverfull people probably expect that the world will end before overpopulation really becomes a problem, but you know what? Every time a group has said the world is about to end, it has never happened. I suspect it never will end to fulfill the predictions of religious folks.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:08PM

Posted by: HangarXVIII ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 09:43AM

Ha!
I had to read it a few times

Posted by: druid ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 10:59PM

Makes about as much sense as saying , white horses should be on the endangered species list.

Posted by: darac ( )
Date: October 29, 2014 11:43PM

"Happy is the man. . . " Is it significant that nothing is said about "happy is the woman"?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 07:19AM

and I've often wondered if this is what is really behind all of the Mormon racial theories, evangelical fundamentalist Christian anti-abortion policies, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_racism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Passing_of_the_Great_Race

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2014 08:02AM by anybody.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: October 30, 2014 08:39AM

If we white folks were truly God's favorite, He would be causing a lot of miraculous, immaculate, multiple conceptions in order to preserve His People. Boom, presto, suddenly all white women are pregnant with octuplets -- every year -- giving birth to the whitest of white babies. In fact -- boom, presto -- all NON-WHITE women suddenly give birth to white babies, too! Hallelujah!

Posted by: cthlos ( )
Date: November 02, 2014 12:41PM

Sounds like typical Christian Identity rhetoric. RAHOWA, etc.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 04:55AM

So what if we are?

Posted by: Disappointed_Forum_User ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 07:27AM

(Sorry in advance for my English, as it is not my first language)

I thought this would be an interesting discussion,but you seem to show irrational, near-religious animosity towards anything deemed "racist".

I read the replies to this topic, looking for well-founded criticism of the things that the guy said. I found none. All I see is

"I hate the racists"
"This is nonsense"

And various forms of sarcasm, but nothing specific.

I mean, c'mon, people, you can do better. I'd normally expect a more rational discussion from people who have quit the Mormon church because of the nonsense.

Well, yeah, these supremacists could be wrong, but have you ever tried to dive deeper into their philosophy and worldview? Have you ever tried to understand their viewpoints? Have you ever tried to understand why they do the things they do?

If you really knew what they're thinking, you could reasonably be entitled to argue against them.

Do you really think that they have absolutely ZERO reasons to do what they do?

What if their intentions are good, but they are doing it wrong?

What have they done to you that bothers you so much?

Even if they did, why do you avoid addressing the issue? Are you afraid?

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 08:52AM

I left a racist church. I will point out every chance I can that the Book of Mormon teaches racism based on 1 Nephi 13, that god was with Columbus and the Europeans and god's wrath was on the American Indians. So if you wish to believe that the Anglos are becoming endangered, Mormonism might give you some comfort that god is with them, has blessed them with lands that had belonged to American Indians and that the Anglos are of Ephraim, and are blessed to lead the church and are even above the Jews. Mormonism can give you all of that fantasy and help you to believe it is from god.

If you don't want to be a Mormon but this exmormon forum isn't satisfying you, you might be more comfortable and less disappointed if you discuss this issue over at stormfront.

Date: January 08, 2015 03:11PM

Disappointed_Forum_User Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, yeah, these supremacists could be wrong, but
> have you ever tried to dive deeper into their
> philosophy and worldview? Have you ever tried to
> understand their viewpoints? Have you ever tried
> to understand why they do the things they do?

I understand them just fine. They're primitively tribal; they engage in in-group promotion and out-group hatred; they are afraid of anything not "them." And they're ignorant idiots.

And no, the situation is not "they could be wrong."
They are wrong, as shown by ample facts and evidence.
It's not even debatable.

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 08:22AM

Racism is NEVER right, no matter where it comes from. Nor can one rationally argue with what is at base unreasoned hate. This is personal for me, child of two "inferior" nationalities according to eugenics, Slav and Celt, married to a Jew, with two kids in interacial marriages and relationships, Black and Asian, and one married to an equally "inferior" Southern Italian!

I see no problem at all with more racial mixing; diversity brings strength and beauty and I look forward to all sorts of gorgeous grandkids. Every heritage has its own strengths and weaknesses, and there is nothing special or superior about Anglo-Saxon genes, despite what the Nazis thought. Hey, this "mongrel" nation won that war, after all!

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 08:25AM

I thought The link to the Anglo story was silly and a good laugh.

Perhaps the rational discussion for and against the topic and understanding both sides of the issue may not be worth the effort. Maybe you will find a higher form of discussion regarding the Anglo angle elsewhere. The topic might need anymore elaborate analysis.

Feel free to post your analysis and understanding as you see it rather than saying the group didn't go deep enough. I don't see the need but that is my opinion.

Posted by: ette ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 09:17AM

I'm a blue eyed, blond haired white man, from a very racist background. Some of my ancestors were German nazis. My father and his father are still pretty racist. Despite my fathers racism, one of my brothers married a Mexican woman, and the other married a Korean woman. I have had the good fortune to marry a black Kenyan woman.

As per rational discussion, everything in biology shows that genetic diversity increases the fitness of a species. Blacks literally have eighty times the genetic diversity of all other races.

I think some of the other wise posters pointed out the fact that all humans are in fact the same species, which makes the claim in the article laughable. I don't think there is anything inherently special about being white. I don't plan on continuing my white heritage by making white babies, and I don't see why I should feel obligated to do so. All of this praise for the fair skinned race reminds me of the nonsense taught and subsequently denied by tscc.

It appears that a small group of people, which became all other races, left Africa and the main group of humanity long ago. Which is why all non-black people are more similar to each other on a DNA level than a black Bantu in Tanzania and a black Nailote in Somalia.

I don't have kids yet, but I will be very proud of them when I do. My children will have zero chance of inheriting genetic diseases unique to Europeans since my wife has no European blood. They should also have virtually no chance of inheriting African genetic diseases either. This is a condition called "hybrid vigor" among geneticists.

Also, half-Kenyan and half-American people have done some amazing things throughout history :)

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 09:34AM

I ain't worried. It always remains in your genes and you can never get rid of it. I'm like 1% Neanderthal. I think that says something. I mean, when did they go extinct?

Posted by: ipseego2 ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 09:42AM

Anglo-Saxons are not an endangered species. They are not a species.

Date: January 08, 2015 01:17PM

I've never been more proud of choice of my Filipino wife, and my two (soon to be 3) mixed kids :)

By the way, someone should tell these nuts there's only one human species *and* "race."

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 01:36PM

This reminds me of the new series Outer Limits episode where aliens knew the Earth was going to be bombarded by way-more-intense-than-usual radiation and sent a formula for a drug that would change people into black skinned Teletubbies so they would still be able to live outdoors. Young people accepted the change but older people wouldn't. Northern Europeans have never been the majority of the human population and I've often wondered if all of the evangelical Christian hoopla about abortion was just a smokescreen to cover their fear of mixed-race people -- and also don't want to except human evolution because humans were originally black and then became white.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2015 01:43PM by anybody.

Posted by: brigantia ( )
Date: January 08, 2015 03:35PM

Good grief! I have no words :-)

Briggy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.