Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: flyindoc ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 05:11AM

I don't like facebook for many reasons and hate to quote Neal Maxwell, however, he once reverenced virual voyeurism in a '90's General Conference talk. So many TBM are using facebook to share personal beliefs and maybe advance the Mormon Chruch agenda. I haven't been to chruch for years, so I cannot comment on the latest campaign to use it or Twitter (twistamony sharing). The church is using facebook to it's advantage. In fact, I wonder if the chruch calculates using any media to it's advantage. Case in point, is the chruch using the recent LGBT announcement to prepare the grounds for a 2016 presidential campign at the presidency. If that is true, then the special room on the top floor of the Washington, DC temple (accoring to Bill Schnoebelen's source in the secret service, see Steve Benson's Illuminati posts) could finally be used to set the world on it's millennial course.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 30, 2015 05:14AM

Wow, I was actually blocked from using a specific potential candidate's name (prevented me from entering the past post). Could the Mormon church's recent announcement be preparation for a paving the way for a certian mormon presidental candidate in 2016?. I have a new game. Let's think (as the candidate pool develops), of the many eponions we can use for each and every candidate.

Date: January 30, 2015 05:20AM

Sorry,

Thought I knew how to spell "eponym" without checking. As a good, former TBM, the boddle "bottle" of wine didn't help (caution, poor grammar and typos in the first post as well).

Posted by: annieg ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 09:00AM

Anyone wondering about what mittens is thinking about the old boys recent foray out into the world to propose that they will support laws outlawing discrimination against LGBT community as long as they are exempt from such a law.

Mittens already knows he has the LDS community's votes sewn up and this cannot help him with the swing voters he needs to win the general election.

I wonder if he and his team are fouling their magic panties over this or is has he so much swallowed the Kool-ade that he is fine with it.

I don't envy his position. He has to go full postal crazy to,get the nomination and then every one of his stances will be used against him in the general election. Can his massive ego stand another rejection by the American public, first by a black man and then possibly by a woman?

It is going to b delicious to watch. Bring on the popcorn.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:17AM

Social media and the Internet are a two-edged sword. They cause as much damage to Mormonism as help it in anyway. Actually, they probably damage the church more than help because pf all the damaging facts dangling out there in the ether. And because the cadre of Mormons who promote the church so whole-heartedly are--face it--weirdos. It's not like there are people anymore (if there ever were) who gaze at the church and hope to join it. For every fabrication the LDS church can advertise via the Internet, there are multiple negative things that people find via the same.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:29AM

I agree. When I read mormon testimonies, or read what they write in defense, they appear weird. I don't see online testimony bearing being positive for them, so they can bear away to their heart's content.

"I see weird people, but they don't know they're weird. They only see what they want to see."

Posted by: Wild poster ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:36AM

The church's use of social media can be compared to a person setting their house on fire just to make some toast.

They only see the nice piece of toast they are making, ignoring the flames consuming their house.

Social media is connected to the internet, the internet is slowly destroying the church. No amount of positive spin on one part of the internet can overcome the overall damage being done.

The only way to manage the internet and protect the church is to do it like repressive government regimes do. Since that isn't an option for the church, every good thing they put out is outnumbered by all the damaging stuff.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 30, 2015 10:38AM

I know of someone who recently lost their job because they couldn't stay the h3ll off Farcebook for more than 5 minutes at a time.

I know my employer is beginning to discuss this issue. People are walking into the walls and standing blocking the halls because they are looking at their phones. Some pretend it is work related, but come on.

I think the intrusion of being watched and wanting to be watched every second is a hard concept for some, like me, who grew up wanting privacy.

Of course anyone who knows you - at your church, job, neighborhood, is going to glance at your name to see what is there out of curiosity. Too bad they don't spend as much time investigating their own church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.