Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: frizzy18 ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 06:22PM

people visit places such as the sacred grove and temples around the US and have strong beliefs.

why do Mormons blindly believe in something like that?

whats evidence that the church isnt real

(i dont believe in it but i have friends that strongly do and theyre always up to date on it, or maybe theyre just brainwashed so many times, people dont really have something nice to say about mormons if theyre mentioned haha)

what makes people hate them so much? pretty sure a majority of the worlds religions thinks its some bs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2015 06:28PM by frizzy18.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 06:26PM

What are some pieces of evidence that mormonisn is a made up religion?

The Book of Mormon is the best piece of evidence that it is made up.

Posted by: frizzy18 ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 06:29PM

then why do the mormons believe in it so much like i read a few pages of the book and thought its something a child would make up like cmon now

Posted by: michaelm (not logged in) ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:09PM

Just because they believe it doesn't mean its true. The book itself cannot possibly be a true account of ancient America.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 06:37PM

Start with the Atonement.

What a stupid, stupid concept.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:08PM

My younger daughter misbehaved.

As a father I worried about doing the right thing at this
impressionable time in her life. So I asked myself, "what would
Jesus's Father do?" So I slapped her older sister.

Date: June 24, 2015 07:21PM

While I think that we can all agree that you displayed some excellent parenting skills, baura, I think that if you had god-like unconditional, and perfect love for your young child, you would have needed to actually beat your oldest child with a weapon until they we're close to death, then hang them on a post until they suffocated to death.

Sorry if I come across as judgey.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 08:50PM

Technically, the older sister would need to give consent and be a willing victim and she would have to have been conceived with another of your wives by ghostly intercourse.

Posted by: Shummy ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 06:50PM

Masonic mysticism and occult symbology on their stoopid temples screams out.

Posted by: Templar ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 10:44PM

As an active Mason, I "resemble" that remark!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 06:57PM

Something that you might enjoy reading is No Man Knows My History by Fawn Brodie. She was a Mormon, a historian, and, in my book, an excellent writer who could make history very readable. She was related to David O. McKay, who was a president of the church - if my memory is right she was his granddaughter. The cult did not like the fact that she spoke honestly about ole Joey Smith, told too much of his story they had managed to hide, so Fawn Brodie was excommunicated.

Maybe because I grew up around narcissists, but once I read her book, saw all her excellent factual evidence for Joey being one himself, the cult was in the past for me.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:08PM

I have news for you: ALL religions are "made up."

It's just more obvious with mormonism than some others, that's all -- because Smith was such a poor con man, and his cons are more recent than some others.

Date: June 24, 2015 07:15PM

A pretty accurate account of pre-civil war America is more like it.

After all, a great deal of BoM phraseology was obviously lifted from 'the late war' and the writings of Mercy Otis Warren.

Posted by: Riverman ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:24PM

see: www.CESletter.com

Date: June 24, 2015 07:29PM

"I Nephi, having been born of goodly parents"

Need we really say more?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:29PM

When you review the life of Joseph Smith, Jr. with anything close to an open mind, you see over and over that he liked to make things up, and that lying was first nature to him. He recognized that people would not be interested in him as he really was, so he made stuff up.

And then he discovered his inner lech, and became legendary! Or so his penis told him.

Date: June 24, 2015 07:34PM

>So I slapped her older sister.

Sounds a lot like a father in heaven who punishes his blameless oldest son because the rest of his kids are naughty.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:35PM

Wait, are there evidences that it isn't made up?

I'm with Sonoma, the atonement is at best childish nonsense, at worst it is evil. It isn't just the stupidity of killing your most beloved. It is the stupidity of making everything so that your only choice was to kill the best that ever was. I mean god being all powerful had no choice but to kill the most loved thing in all of creation? What kind of all power is that?

Oh and that apple thing, oh and that flood thing, oh and that pillar of salt thing, oh and that kill everything even the cows thing, oh and that ....

God is the perfect evidence that Mormonism isn't real.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 07:54PM

Let me answer your question.

"whats evidence that the church isnt reel"

There is no evidence that the church is real. That's the problem. In the BOM there were civilizations that numbered in the millions that lived on the American continent. But unlike the Roman civilization that flourished during the same time period there is no evidence what so ever that anything like what is described in the BOM ever existed.

The only evidence for the BOM people ever being real is in the minds of those Mormons who write for the LDS bookstore Deseret Books.

In other words the only evidence is excuses as to why there is no evidence and trust me, there are some doozies. Try "Satan hid all the evidence to test our faith".

I kid you not.

After forty years in the faith I know what I was taught.

Posted by: torturednevermo ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 09:06PM

>> "Satan hid all the evidence to test our faith" <<

Ya, sorry about that. I was in a goofy mood that day. :/

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 08:58PM

Have you read their essays? There are links in a message at the top of the forum.

Best evidence coming from their horses' mouths.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 09:10PM

The beliefs in authority GA worship and temple ordinances are signs that not all is right with the church.

Too bad some nice people continue in the delusion.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 09:50PM

As Bill Maher quipped, Mormonism is the bullsh!t of Christianity with more bullsh!t piled on top.

Posted by: verilyverily ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 09:57PM

Everything they say and do is false.
Yes the world hates them and considers them CRAP and they are right.

Posted by: Elder What's-his-face ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 10:44PM

The apalling retention rate for new converts and the high percentage of inactive members.

If the church was everything it says it is, the membership would desire it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 24, 2015 10:49PM

ALL religions are made up.

Posted by: korihorwasright ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 01:08AM

I could give an abundance of evidence and you can ask for more if you'd like, but the strongest thing against Mormonsim is the mistranslation of the Egytian papyri. Look it up if you want.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 01:14AM

What is A piece of evidence that mormonism isn't made up?

Date: June 25, 2015 01:25AM

madalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is A piece of evidence that mormonism isn't
> made up?

* crickets *

Posted by: Mason ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 04:26PM

One of the biggest things for me is that mormon apostles, ie Brigham YOung and Joseph Smith, have been quoted saying things like "This is Gods law fro the african people... if a white person mixes their seed with a negro, the consequence is death on the spot this will always be so." Also, "Men dressed like quakers inhabit the moon." And, "Life is on the sun, for God didn't make it in vain." Or, "For the coming of the lord which was nigh even 56 years." That was made in 1826.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 09:20PM

Why do exmos mix up Christianity with Mormonism.

You are really doing the exmo movement a disservice.

Mormonism is totally made up but based on a foundation of the Bible.

Even if you don't personally believe in the Bible, half the planet does, Christians and Jews, and even Muslims claim Abraham as their father.

You are doing a disservice combining Mormonism with Bible believers

Posted by: ette ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 11:10PM

Puh-lease...

The Bible is a steaming pile of crap. Any logical thinker can see that. I believed the Bible was ridiculous even as a tbm.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 11:27PM

Well frizz, to answer your question, most people are too chicken shit to actively seek the truth. They prefer the security of a culture built on lies to the harsh reality of freedom.

Posted by: ElderCarrion ( )
Date: June 25, 2015 11:43PM

Every religion exists because someone stated something and others paid attention, gave worth to the statements and collected other wandering desperate souls.

When you leave any religion, you face the daunting task of assigning worthwhile aims to your newly-found freedoms, privacies and resources.

I left all religions after seeing that they all say the same thing, really.

"We have a special truth. You need it. Do as we say, or else."

Navigating my life is now an adventure free of guilt, accountability or contortions.

I now sleep, eat, think, plan, choose, exchange and progress at my own chosen speed.

Why anyone cleaves to religion...any religion...is a mystery to me. A mystery I never will try to solve again.

When I meet God, if I ever do, He had better be as free and capable as I am. Otherwise, I will exhort Him to follow me.

I follow successful men and women, then leave their tracks once I have gotten all the good I can from them.

Try it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Quotes+by+Harry+Browne,+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=6cmMVZufL8bmsAX1z7OQAQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=616

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.