Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: scaredhusband ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 06:27PM

I have reason to believe that my in laws have put a GPS tracker on my vehicle. It is possible that they didn't but I want to be certain. As this is a HUGE boundary to break. I have nothing to hide. It just makes my skin crawl. I would love to see the look on their face when I confront them with the tracker in hand. I can't give specific details or I would out myself.

Does anyone think this is a possibility? Does anyone have experience in finding trackers? I have lost lots of trust in my in-laws over past things that they have said and many things that they say behind other people's backs when I am around. Mostly the things that they tell my wife and ask her about me. I fell like they are trying their hardest to make sure my marriage fails now. Am I being paranoid?

Edit: My in-laws are old way thinking TBM's that are completely ignorant of any problems with mormonism. They can only think that I would leave to sin. I know that they suspect me of being unfaithful with my wife, since I am a upstanding person. I don't cuss, speak bad about people, or even gossip. I don't drink alcohol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2016 07:05PM by scaredhusband.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 06:37PM

The police would stick a tracker under the car of a suspected murder to find a body, you need to check the under carriage of your car. yes it,s crossing boundries

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 06:58PM

There is quite a lot of information.

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Hidden-Tracker-on-a-Car
http://snallabolaget.com/?page_id=1204

Not sure if this link is going to work correctly. If not, Google how to find a gps tracker in your car and hit images. It will give you an idea of what to look for.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+find+a+gps+tracker+in+your+car&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS599US599&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=799&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXz86VtvPKAhVB-GMKHSSxALIQ_AUICCgD&dpr=1

And as we all know, I am not the brightest bulb in the box but I think there is a way to track through cellphones?

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 06:59PM

There are also cell phone aps that track you by GPS that can be put on your phone without your knowledge. These are used by private investigators and divorce attorneys and suspicious spouses. You can google for more info.

Date: February 12, 2016 07:06PM

I feel this is a non issue. Given my current phone and knowledge of technology.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 07:08PM

Drive your car to their house. Leave it parked around the corner where they have to walk to see it. Get out of your car and watch from a distance to see if they show up. If they do, i'd guess they must be tracking you.

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 08:10PM

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: February 12, 2016 09:21PM

Harrassed, and psychologically tortured across state lines, I would say ANYTHING is possible when you're dealing with someone with a cluster B disorder.

I think you can go to one of those stores that specializes in surveillance and home safety tech to find a bug tracker. Or just look under the car and behind the wheels.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 10:09AM

Man, if I was being tracked and knew it, I could come with some pretty good pranks to play on the nosey bastards.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: February 13, 2016 10:15AM

Find a strip club and a soup kitchen close together. Park at the strip club. Volunteer in the soup kitchen. Take plenty of pictures. Then wait for them to call you out. Then show them the pictures.

Date: February 14, 2016 11:41AM

lol. That would be funny. :) Or drive to a hotel and ditch my car for the day. It would be fun.

Posted by: madalice ( )
Date: February 14, 2016 09:09PM

Park your car at a church book store/ the temple/ or ward building. Leave it there all day and take a cab to work.

If they try to call you out, tell them you're working on a covert operation for the church and you're not allowed to talk about it. Tell them that the church is very suspicious of them but don't mention why. You could do some real mind benders with that one.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:48PM

That is brilliant. Mess with their heads. They'll worry about that forever.

RB

Posted by: lapalot ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:18AM

I know someone who was threatened along with his family, so he hired off-duty PD as PIs and they stuck a tracker on the threat's vehicle. Threat didn't go anywhere the threatened didn't know about.

Forcing them to out themselves, proving their evil by sabotage, may be counter-productive in keeping your wife. If you do this, the big question is when and how you bring your wife in on it, and their defense will be that you are paranoid with cause, so you knew how to foil detection. From that perspective, it's about knowing her, and how to hurt her the least while exposing them.

They have to be the offenders and you can't play their ugly games. I would probably just show her as you remove the GPS, hand it to her, and ask her if she would return it to the owners. If she asks why you suspected, tell her the truth - it's not the first time they've hurt you. Don't go with her for the confrontation, you have no interest in their games. If she loves you, she will be mightily angry and hurt. Let her see who they are. If she doesn't want to confront them, tell her it will be okay, you'll dispose of it, and carry it with you until you see a moving garbage truck.

OP, it's a stinking way to live. Maybe your efforts are better spent finding a new job in a city far away.

Posted by: NeverMoJohn ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:03PM

I think that you are giving your in laws too much power over you. If they have given you reason to believe that there is a tracker on your car, you can have that checked out, but there are obviously other reasons why you are even thinking this is a possibility.

Deal with those issues. If in laws are meddling, call them on it. If they are rude to you, call them on it, leave, or otherwise do not put up with it.

If they are trying to undermine your marriage, tell your wife that you feel that they are trying to break up the marriage. Then ask her what both of you are going to do about it.

Sometimes the most effective way to deal with underhanded is on the up and up. Let go of your fear and move forward.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:16PM

Lets assume that your concerns are valid and real. The only way to preserve your marriage is to find a way for you and your wife to be "on the same page" and stop the intrusions.
Often the best way to do that is to live far away!

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 12:31PM

If there is a tracker, have some fun, just put it on some random car when you are out somewhere. They can track that person. Or get some friends to help and move it around week to week. They maybe tracking you, or George from Accounting.

If they are tracking you and your wife is in on it, this is the beginning of the end.

Posted by: Well Endowed ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 01:41PM

Move it to your wife's car

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 15, 2016 01:47PM

Are you still residing in the basement flat of the same house with said in-laws?

It may be that you're just too close for comfort. You don't feel like you have any or much privacy given that you're living under the same [ultimate] roof.

As hard as it is, how would it be if you could break free and get your own place where you'd have more autonomy?

I'm placing my bet that there is no GPS tracker on your vehicle, but you're suspicious for a reason. Is there someone else who would have a motive to do such a thing? Are you being watched by local law enforcement, for example? If someone were spying on you it might not be your in-laws!

Like someone else mentioned, you can get your car checked out. I'd take it to a vehicle repair place with reputable mechanics who can run a diagnostic to determine if there's a tracker planted on your vehicle. Once you get that ruled out, then you'll have more to go on.

Date: February 16, 2016 04:42PM

I wish I could reply with what I really want to say. But for the sake of my anonymity I can't. Thank you all for your replies and support. This place has always been a place I could come to for sage advice, and things that I can only dream about doing.

Both me and my wife are anxiously waiting for a house that fits our family to make an offer on. It is wonderful that my wife understands that her parents are laying the guilt and shame on thick.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.